This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Posting Start Date
January 12, 2022
What’s the role?
- Work in finance team that supports Shell Environmental Products Trading Desk and the supply of Gas/Power to independent energy retailers in the UK and EU.
- Finance Lead and/or Finance Support of commercial deals, responsible for delivery of full suite of Finance responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Providing business critical finance challenge and support from an early stage.
- Ensuring finance sign-off on proposed commercial opportunities.
- Operationalizing and/or maintaining oversight across the life of a commercial deal.
- Interfacing external banks, project developers and local regulatory representatives.
- Regular interaction with senior stakeholders on the Decision Review Committees.
- Provide finance expertise and advice to new business development, structured finance transactions or new market entry projects.
- Review the results of project economics to ensure consistency in assumptions used, standardization of methodology, reasonableness of the results, etc. Provide financial input into project economics.
- Provide controllership, governance and finance support to regional trading offices to ensure business remains in control during significant growth and change.
- Liaise with other Finance functional areas, including Tax, Treasury, Controllers, Credit, Risk and Shared support services teams, who may be based in various Shell locations.
- Integrated performance management – ensuring commercial delivery of long dated transactions is controlled and sustainable, ensuring there is transparency around deal performance and risks.
- Advocate enterprise mindset and display leadership in establishing an integrated business model, governance and embedding ways of working.
What we need from you?
- Broad knowledge across all aspects of finance (treasury, tax, reporting & accounting, credit, internal controls and processes, valuation)
- Qualified accountant
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS standards i.e., IFRS 9
- Demonstrate knowledge of various financial instruments
- Experience in a (commodity) trading environment is advantageous
- Previous exposure to Energy Markets (e.g., gas, power or environmental product markets) is advantageous
- Financial modelling experience is advantageous
- Eagerness to learn and build – “learner mindset”
- Proactive and autonomous approach
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
Shell Energy is where gas, power, environmental products, renewables and energy solutions all come together. We help customers in the Industry Sector to decarbonise by bringing together products, solutions and assets from across Shell.
Our people, across 30 locations, bring decades of marketing and trading experience, a wealth of market knowledge, and deep understanding of the supply chain to innovate and develop tailored energy solutions. We understand energy systems and act as the integrator and optimiser between production and sales of LNG, power, gas and environmental products and we buy from/sell to third parties and other Shell businesses. We contract directly with wholesalers and larger commercial/industrial customers, and focus on bringing cleaner energy solutions for their decarbonisation journey.
- For over 15 years, our Environmental Products team has been helping customers meet their compliance and voluntary requirements.
- We are a leading LNG portfolio player delivering 70 million tonnes of LNG every year.
- We are among the top 3 gas and power marketers in the US & Canada and growing our footprint in new markets.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org