This listing is about Siemens in Chippenham, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are a great option for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll be able to learn new skills whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens. Not really sure who Siemens are and what we do? Click here to find out.
Siemens has expertise in many areas of technology, one of them being Railway Signalling Control systems and equipment, helping people get from A to B every single day, safely.
Siemens Mobility Ltd help to solve the problems of increasing traffic by working with railway operators to improve the capacity, punctuality and security of their systems. We also ensure that the carbon footprint produced by transportation is kept to a minimum. Within our Mobility division, you will be part of a team helping to design solutions and systems which have a real impact on the real world.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. A Customer Services, Project Delivery, Degree Apprentice will provide engineering assistance to enable the safe and timely delivery of the support contracts. They will form part of the strategic geographic support team and will provide support for the delivery of engineering support services to the regions, as appropriate, reporting to the Lead Project Engineers and Senior Project Engineer.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from this apprenticeship:
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling support contracts, in order that safe and successful delivery and future reliability is achieved
- Demonstrate existing knowledge and develop a good understanding of key technical and engineering deliverables for current and future support contracts.
- Build positive relationships with key customers through an excellent understanding and delivery of service contract requirements. Identify opportunities to provide additional or enhanced service solutions where possible.
- Support the LPE and Key Account Managers with evaluating the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company
- Work with the local client team to assess their needs and recommend suitable solutions
- Ensure a successful and engaging relationship with regional project delivery teams to ensure a smooth handover into long term maintenance
- Get involved with the handover phase of the project lifecycle to include fault analysis (FRACAS) and ensure a smooth transition to Customer Services
- Assist with the implementation of new maintenance operating models via possession of a good understanding of whole life cost reduction strategy
- Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated contracts in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided
- Be aware of safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the contract Safety Plans
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the delivery of support contracts to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Assist in the coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Review and assess the engineering aspects of contract changes to enable accurate management of costs and compliance.
- Be involved with the CS Digitisation strategy and assist with developing digital tools.
- Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however its also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- Some knowledge regarding railway engineering is preferred but not essential
Minimum Educational Requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve 3 A Levels including maths and another STEM subject (or BTEC equivalent) at grade C or above.
The benefits of a degree apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £20,000 at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe’s leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
Debating between an apprenticeship or the university route? Click here to watch a video from one of our recruiters and her mum talking about the different options.
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Engineering. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Chippenham, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org