This job listing is about Hawkins in Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Hawkins is New Zealand’s leading commercial construction business with a wealth of skills, smarts and phenomenal construction capability. We pride ourselves in delivering the highest quality technical service for our clients and construction teams. Working alongside our parent firm, Downer, our combined technical and construction management expertise provides proven, whole-of-life solutions for customers’ assets using innovative technology to sustainably deliver outcomes.
Our reputation for award-winning excellence, delivery and integrity is centered around our vision to deliver transformational projects for our clients and the communities we live in.
About The Role
We are now looking for an experienced Site Manager to join our Auckland team.
This is a business-critical role within Hawkins, the right person will help us deliver some of these iconic projects in Auckland and further grow the region.
Who We Are Looking For
Candidates will have a solid commercial construction background in a site management capacity. They will have the drive and tenacity to drive projects to be delivered at the highest standard. A successful performance record of running projects on program are necessary to be considered. Ideally, you will have experience working on multi-unit apartment buildings, a solid understanding of NZ building regulations and standards and construction methodologies and a passion for HSE and providing strong leadership.
A proven track record working on large-scale commercial projects will be desired. Experience working on educational or medical projects will enhance your chances to be selected. Furthermore, you’ll have strong technical capability and credibility across the industry and a solid understanding of the New Zealand building industry.
To Be Considered For These Roles You Will Have
- A minimum of 5 – 8 years’ site management experience, ideally with a well known main contractor
- Exposure to working on a range of construction projects from $40m to $100m, with a successful performance record of running site teams and delivery excellence on projects
- Solid understanding of relevant legislation and industry compliance standards
- Strong focus on planning and working to the program at hand
- Solid knowledge of construction methodologies
- Passion for health & safety and providing strong leadership and enforcement of company policies and procedures
- Strong people and leadership skills with the ability to manage complex relationships with multiple stakeholders using positive means.
- A relevant trade or tertiary qualification is preferred, but not essential
When you join Hawkins, you’ll be part of a driven, passionate and energetic team that strives to always exceed the expectations of our clients. You’ll have the opportunity to build a successful career with a market-leading company alongside proven industry experts.
For confidential enquiries please contact Alysha Bryan (Senior HR Advisor) on [email protected] or 021 112 8197
For further information about Hawkins, please follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HawkinsNZ, www.linkedin.com/company/hawkins-group or view our website www.hawkins.co.nz
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Application Deadline: N/A