Website GE Power
This job listing is about GE Power in Oman 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Job Description Summary
Functional management responsible for leading and directing all active association with customer project management. Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
GE Gas Power
Welcome to tomorrow’s energy—today!
Access to affordable, reliable, flexible, and sustainable power is fundamental to modern life. As the world is shifting towards a lower carbon future, GE Gas Power is ready to be your partner in leveraging the role of natural gas for powering the world today and tomorrow. GE’s foundations were laid by Thomas Edison nearly 130 years ago to provide innovative solutions for a wide range of critical problems around the world. GE’s deep-rooted culture serves as the backbone for every step we’ve taken at GE Gas Power. With more than 300,000 employees and operations in over 170 countries, GE employees reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business.
Diversity at GE
We believe diversity makes us more competitive and creates value for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We believe in the value of each person’s unique identity, background, and experiences and are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong. By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to build a world that works.
Our approach to diversity will be based on the following objectives:
- Our employees – to continue to strive to ensure that our workforce is as diverse as the communities we serve, while always upholding the importance of merit.
- Our workplace – to foster an inclusive culture that recognizes employees’ unique needs, helps them reach their full potential, and nurtures their diverse talents.
- Our community – to strive for diversity in suppliers and partners and engage with the communities in which we operate to support diversity. Job Description
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as GE contact point for Customer, Partners, and subcontractors for matters related to the Rental Agreement, or operation and maintenance issues of GE equipment.
- Access to Control Rooms, Plant records and customer communications for the purpose of:
- Reporting to GE all the operating parameters of GE equipment like Operating hours shutdowns and startups, etc.
- Data collection needed for the purpose of calculating the monthly or periodic invoices.
- Confirming that all the operations and maintenance procedure are executed in line with GE recommendations.
- Coordinate the ordering of any spare parts, consumables or services that are under GE scope of work.
- Review the inventory of the spare parts and consumables in GE scope and coordinate orders as needed.
- Work closely with O&M contractor for setting up the operations and maintenance policies and procedures.
- Support O&M contractor in planning of Planned and Un-Planned Outages.
- Participate in meetings between O&M contractor and Customer as required by business needs.
- Participate in data collection for any Root Cause Analysis that are done on GE equipment.
- Coordinate between O&M contractor and GE to provide any required training under GE scope.
- Work with GE engineering for any required modifications that will help improve the plant’s performance, availability, and reliability.
- Coordinate between different GE departments to ensure that the project is served on timely basis.
- Evaluate unplanned outages and, to the extent consistent with individual training and site conditions, Support in troubleshooting and corrective actions.
- Review equipment performance and recommend optimizations as required.
- Provide periodic reports to GE outlining the agreed KPIs, work completed, corrective actions, and operational parameters.
- Cooperate with other O&M team members on other Aero projects sites to ensure knowledge sharing of technical issues that arise on sites.
- Support the continuous improvement program of Aero business through:
- Editing O&M procedure for better reliability and cost effectiveness.
- Identifying any technical issues, communicate it to Engineering to avoid repetition.
- Identify critical training requirements for personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college and/or equivalent knowledge / experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in complex project management and / or operations and maintenance experience in the power generation industry and people leadership and influencing experience.
- Prior experience in Operation, maintenance, commissioning of Aero gas turbines.
- Prior experience in Power Plant operations and Maintenance.
- Prior experience with Aero gas turbines systems.
- Leads with a Lean mindset and is skilled in applying Lean tools to improving business operations. Specifically Daily Management, Standard Work, and Monthly Operating Reviews based on Bowler/KPIs.
- Exhibits the GE Leadership Behaviors: acts with humility, leads with transparency, delivers with focus
- Experience in project management, engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain environments
- Strong IT skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform inclusively in a diverse environment and to promote inclusion and diversity in the workplace.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Strong team player with interpersonal, communication, influencing and team building skills.
- Strong customer-orientation, focus and passion to win.
- Proven record of success working in a multicultural, regional, cross functional team.
- Strong understanding of project business cases, encompassing impacts as project objectives, risks, opportunities, and performance metrics.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- This is a remote position
Company: GE Power
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oman
Application Deadline: N/A