This job listing is about SGS in Pita, Region Mamou, Guinea 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 97,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS Bateman’s multidiscipline engineering team provides integrated engineering services for processing plants and related operations. Using proven ISO methodologies enhanced by innovative approaches, the team transforms conceptual designs into operational manual processing plants of all sizes and complexities. An extensive suite of enhanced 3-D design tools and modeling software allow our engineering team to visualize all aspects of plant development
Main Purpose of the Role
- To ensure that the SGS Bateman’s quality management system on site is maintained.
- To ensure that the contractors develop and apply their quality management programmes and maintain their approved quality control plans in line with their contract.
- Work in a safe manner, complying with statutory requirements and SGS Bateman Health, Safety and Environmental, (HSE), policies, manuals and procedures
- Work to agreed quality standards and clients satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities
Your responsibilities will include other tasks, which your Manager may instruct you to undertake from time to time:
- Manage the EPCM Quality function on site
- Interface with the Project QA Manager with regard to quality management issues on site
- Familiarize site team with Client and Project quality requirements.
- Liaise with Clients, Suppliers and Subcontractors on quality matters.
- Participate in Criticality Analysis meetings and assist in the Engineering and Procured Items criticality action plans.
- Prepare, co-ordinate and obtain approval of procured items criticality action plans.
- Assist with the preparation of QA requirements for orders and contracts within the project quality strategy
- Attend kick-off meetings with contractors on site, including any other meetings deemed necessary.
- Identify and communicate to the project team all quality records to be generated and maintained within the Project, on Site and by Suppliers and Contractors.
- Assist with the preparation and control of the Project Quality Management Plan, document, issue, control changes to, and audit the implementation of the Plan under the direction of the Project Quality Manager.
- Prepare quality status reports at required intervals.
- Participate in the preparation of project closeout reports.
- Plan, schedule and execute internal site based quality audits.
- Provide input into Supplier assessments as required.
- Review and approve contractors manufacturing, installation, Inspections and Test Plans, ITP’s.
- Review and evaluate quality performance (internal and contractor performance) and initiate corrective action through the Construction Manager.
- Identify and investigate specific quality problems as requested/approved by the Construction Manager.
- Analyze quality trends on site and advise the Construction Manager on appropriate actions to mitigate any adverse trends.
- Perform audits /surveillances of contractors’ systems in accordance with an approved audit and surveillance program and implement SGS Bateman’s quality audit procedures on site.
- Review, log and monitor the close out of associated non-conformance reports (NCR’s).
- Review, sign off and monitor concessions on site.
- Monitor the completion of contractor data packs / dossiers and quality records. Review and approve prior to client handover.
- Provide support to the commissioning team.
- Read, understand and obey the HSSE policies arrangements/procedures and rules as issued.
- Always work in accordance with method statements and risk assessments as provided.
- Take care of your own health and safety whilst at work; and ensure your activities do not adversely affect the health and safety of others.
- Report to immediate supervisor all incidents, which have or could result in personal injury or environmental damage.
- Actively role model and promote the SGS Bateman values and Code of Business Conduct.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- General Engineering Knowledge
- Good understanding of Engineering Management Processes
- Knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication processes
- Knowledge of Construction process including Constructability reviews
- Analytical, problem solving skills
- Interpersonal and relationship skill
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Computer literacy
- Management Skills
- Good understanding of the Internal Standards and codes
- Extensive experience in the relevant field
- Change management
Tertiary qualification in Quality Management processes.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in QA / QC and an EPCM environment
Site based position in Guinea.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pita, Region Mamou, Guinea
Application Deadline: N/A