This job listing is about SGS in Pita, Mamou Region, Guinea 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 97,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS Bateman’s multidiscipline engineering team provides integrated engineering services for processing plants and related operations. Using proven ISO methodologies enhanced by innovative approaches, the team transforms conceptual designs into operational manual processing plants of all sizes and complexities. An extensive suite of enhanced 3-D design tools and modeling software allow our engineering team to visualize all aspects of plant development
The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for making sure that the financial position of construction projects is accurately reported and controlled effectively.
- Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements.
- Scrutinizing maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts.
- Liaising with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Preparing reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, and other documents.
- Advising managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
- Keeping track of materials and ordering more when required.
- Documenting any changes in design and updating budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Undertake any additional tasks that may be required by the Site Manger
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Construction estimating or finance
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Great networking abilities
- Negotiation and mediation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying, construction engineering, management, or related field
Skills And Experience
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in the Project Engineering / EPCM or Construction
Site based position in Guinea.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pita, Mamou Region, Guinea
Application Deadline: N/A