Website Gilbane Building Company
This job listing is about Gilbane Building Company in Asan, Guam, Guam 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
GILBANE has immediate opportunities for SKillbridge candidates interested in working in GUAM as a Construction Intern.
The Construction Intern is responsible for assisting Project Staff on a construction management project or in the district office.
At GILBANE Building Company we recognize the commitment, ethics and values our Military Men and Women have developed and lived in support of our Nation. The military characteristics you possess are highly attractive and align with our GILBANE values.
GILBANE is one of the largest privately held family-owned Construction and Real Estate Development firms in the industry. We have more than 45 Office locations in the United States and Globally, and countless project locations.
Interns learn Gilbane’s construction methods and practices through work assignments on a job site team, assisting project engineering, accounting and superintending staff with daily duties.
- Manage project document flow
- Take progress photos of jobsite
- Review and approve submittals
- Submit RFIs
- Handle change management process
- Participate in business unit office activities including orientation program, training sessions and peer group meetings
- Communicate Effectively – Listen to understand and clearly convey information in all forms based on the audience to ensure shared meaning of the message
- Act Inclusively – Ensure that actions and behaviors are respectful; show empathy and treat others with dignity. Leverage capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse perspectives, abilities and motivation.
- Solve Problems – Identify, prioritize and implement alternatives for a solution.
- Demonstrate Agility/ Adaptability – Maintain effectiveness and adjust to change by exploring the rationale, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful. Create an atmosphere of open-mindedness to change.
- Drive for Results – Show passion and commitment while delivering on business outcomes. Create a sense of individual ownership and accountability.
- Champion Innovation – Identify opportunities for new and improved ways of doing things that result in value added, unique and differentiated solutions.
- Must be an active member of the US Armed Forces
- Must be within 180 days of separation or retirement from any US Armed Forces branch
- Upon separation, you will receive an Honorable Discharge
- Command (O-4 above) approval for participation in Skillbridge
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Company: Gilbane Building Company
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Asan, Guam, Guam
Application Deadline: N/A