This job listing is about ACTED in Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Fixed term | 12 Months | ASAP
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
ACTED South Sudan
ACTED operations in South Sudan aim to improve food security, ensure access to livelihoods and develop resilience and emergency programmes. Since the eruption of the South Sudanese conflict in December 2013, ACTED has been contributing to the delivery of humanitarian services to internally displaced persons, refugees and host communities. As camp manager ACTED continues to coordinate and provide camp management services in Protection of Civilian (POC) site in Juba and Bor, informal settlements in Wau and refugee camps in Maban.
You will be in charge of
The Cluster (Co-)Coordinator is to ensure a coherent and effective response to needs being addressed by agencies engaging in interventions, as required by the activation of the United Nations Cluster System. Together with the Cluster Lead Agency, the (Co-)Coordinator will lead this initiative by working closely with the Cluster stakeholders (communities, authorities, institutions and INGOs and UN agencies) to provide an effective, timely and strategic collective response to the current situation.
The Cluster (Co-)Coordinator will work impartially, serving the needs of all members of the cluster, and should work closely with UN OCHA, coordination staff from the cluster lead and other country cluster coordinators.
- Assume overall responsibility for co-leadership of the cluster;
- Work closely with other key members of the cluster, including National, Provincial or Local Governments, UN Agencies and all other cluster members;
- Secure commitments from humanitarian actors responding to or supporting the cluster response;
- Carry out capacity mapping of all current and potential cluster actors – government, national and international humanitarian organizations as well as national institutions and the private sector;
- Promote and support training of humanitarian staff and capacity building of humanitarian partners, based on the mapping and understanding of available capacity;
- Identify learning and training opportunities for cluster members and work in increase capacity in preparedness and response within the cluster;
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 4 years of experience in project implementation on the field, in an international context;
- At least 2 years of experience in related activities;
- Being a strong team player;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Fluent English skills required;
- Knowledge of local languages or regional experience is an asset.
- Salary between 2650 and 2850€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email ([email protected]) or below, including the reference: CCC CCCM/SSUD
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan
Application Deadline: N/A