Specialist, Channel Sales in American Airlines Arecibo, Puerto Rico
Website American Airlines
This job listing is about American Airlines in Arecibo, Puerto Rico 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Location: Puerto Rico Intl Sls Office (SJU-SLSO)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 64019
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Channel Sales Team within the Sales Division.
- Responsible for managing business relationships with 20-30 travel agencies. Such agencies typically have $200K-10 million in annual booking revenue. Uses effective management of travel agency partners, enablement of travel agency partner employees to more effectively sell AA products and structuring of mutually beneficial business relationships. Success in this role is measured in three areas: 1) market share, 2) quality of revenue and 3) new business development.
What You’ll Do
- Works with Corporate counterparts and Specialists of Specialty Products to achieve combined results
- Leverages service channels to handle a vast majority of account support needs
- Enables channel partner employees to more effectively sell AA products
- Manages territory and account planning to balance potential and achievability
- Diagnoses known and unknown account business needs and translate needs into opportunities and appropriate offerings
- Translates benefits into the customer’s business language to prove value
- Leverages value delivered to increase mutual value and account penetration
- Reaches new customers through assigned agency partners
- Takes on additional projects and relationship management with other organizations, such as Tourism Boards, Travel Associations, Hotel Chains, etc.
- Establishes partnerships with key travel agencies, tour operators, consortia and or other players and represent American Airlines and its Joint Business partners, including British Airways and Japan Airlines
- Maintains account profile information, sales initiatives and strategies in AA’s CRM tool, Sales Hub, and uses planning tools such as account and call planners
- Must be willing to travel for business as needed
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications – Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years work experience
- 2 years sales experience
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English)
Preferred Qualifications – Education & Prior Job Experience
- Airline or business to business sales experience
- Channel partner sales experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Understanding and execution of value-based selling
- Effective channel management skills
- Ability to structure mutually beneficial business relationships
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What You’ll Get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 64019
Company: American Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Arecibo, Puerto Rico
Application Deadline: N/A