Specialist, Fulfillment (Purchasing/Produce) (Eastern Time Zone Region – Remote) in Feeding America Eastern, American Samoa
Website Feeding America
This job listing is about Feeding America in Eastern, American Samoa 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
Feeding America is the nation’s second largest charity and the leading domestic hunger-relief charity in the United States. Our mission is to feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger. Learn more about Feeding America here .
This position is an Eastern Time Zone Regional position and is a remote role.
The Fulfillment Specialist will identify and facilitate the marketing and distribution of product to the Feeding America network through engaging Feeding America food bank members, state associations, member lead cooperatives and vendor support team by utilizing Feeding America’s technology platforms and other tools to help the organization meet or exceed its strategic growth targets. This position is an Eastern Time Zone Regional position and is a remote role.
Salary: $60,000 – $74,000+ Based on Experience
- Develop and maintain relationships within Feeding America Network partners throughout assigned region to understand food sourcing needs to ensure correct product is being secured
- Execute Network facing marketing strategy as defined by program directors to increase awareness of central produce or grocery purchasing programs with the goal of greater participation, increased access, and enable greater efficiency and lower prices for the entire Network
- As defined by program directors, responsible for increased Network program usage, including product amount, mix, and frequency of orders. Supports effective use of sourcing technology platforms by the Network, donors, and vendors.
- Conduct forward planning product needs assessments to ensure access to key products and effectively aid in the distribution of product to the people we serve
- Collaborating with other members of the Region Team, supervise beginning to end Feeding America ordering process including technical training, transportation oversight, financial and issue resolution, and product quality assurance in conjunction with Feeding America platforms
- Conduct and moderate high-level product engagement calls to better understand product availability, seasonality, transportation, and any other various related topics as needed
- Develop report findings, which include indicators of sales, pounds, variety, and other metrics, for future Network engagement strategy and educate donors/vendors on potential partnership opportunities
- Collaboratively work with various Feeding America departments, networks, and other cross-functional areas to promote growth and development of projects within the Supply Chain department
- Possible urgent issue resolution during off hours
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant experience or 4 years customer service experience
- Proficiency in Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Microsoft Office applications & NetSuite
- Food Industry, Food Banking and/or Purchasing/Sourcing knowledge helpful
- Mission Focused: Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through work and action. Is committed to people keep people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different background and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
Required Leadership Competencies:
- Understands our ‘Business’: Demonstrates an understanding of own role and department as part of a not-for-profit services organization. Develops knowledge of key stakeholders external to the department and how to partner with them.
- Operates with Integrity: Does what is right, rather than what is expedient. Anchors actions and decisions in our mission. Demonstrates courage by being honest, direct, and tactful, even when it is tough to do so. Supports organization/department decisions in words and actions. Takes ownership for mistakes and corrects them.
- Communicates Effectively: Organizes thoughts and provides clear verbal and written messages to individuals and small groups. Communicates with colleagues and manager(s) to provide information, resolve issues, and promote ideas and proposals. Listens carefully and asks questions to build understanding.
- Collaborates Internally and Externally : Takes a positive, collaborative approach within own team and with other colleagues. Supports others’ efforts, putting aside own interests to do so. Resolves issues by approaching those involved directly in a non-judgmental, non-emotional manner.
Feeding America recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce where all employees feel a sense of belonging and contribute to a culture that values differences, ideas, and experiences. We intentionally seek out diverse perspectives and skills on our teams, knowing that it makes us stronger as an organization and better equipped to serve our neighbors in need. We encourage individuals from historically under-represented communities and individuals with lived experience of hunger to apply.
Company: Feeding America
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Eastern, American Samoa
Application Deadline: N/A