Website STANLEY Engineered Fastening
This listing is about STANLEY Engineered Fastening in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Leadership Development Program (all genders) – Industrial Commercial
An entry level position within the Stanley Black and Decker Leadership Program (SLP) based in UK Warrington starting July 1st.
The Stanley Black and Decker Leadership Program (SLP) is a comprehensive competency-based program designed to develop & accelerate the future generation of Stanley Black & Decker leaders. This is a 2-year program offering high-potential, early-career associates the opportunity to complement quality work experiences with exposure to challenging learning and development experiences.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Rotation 1 – Operations (6 months)
This position will be an integral business partner responsible for supporting the knowledge base for Avdel POP fasteners manufactured in SEF Warrington Operations. The purpose of this rotation would be to gain insight into the manufacturing principles for Blind Fasteners and NSW products, and their uses, fit, form and functionality. Learning a basic foundation from Engineering, Quality and manufacturing perspectives.
- Learning all quality and functional testing requirements for Avdel/POP fasteners manufactured in SEF Warrington Operations
- Learning the basic principles cold forming (assembly, thread-rolling and heading)
- Learning the basic principles of heat and surface treatment and its relevance to the fit, form and function of Avdel/POP fasteners manufactured in SEF Warrington Operations
- Learning elements of NPI product design and launching of these products and Salesforce enquiries from enquiry to part supply
Rotation 2- Application Engineering (9 months)
This position will be an integral business partner responsible for supporting the Application Engineering in UK. The purpose of the position is to provide the best Stanley Engineered Fastenings (SEF) solution to meet the customer’s technical needs. The SLP will liaise with Account managers, Product managers, Training managers and the sales functions.
- Be point of contact for all SEF related technical opportunities
- Supports sales in the identification of customer requirements, specifications and preferences.
- Provides information on fasteners, tooling and applications to Customers, Sales Engineers and the Customer Service teams
- Develops fastening solutions (product & use recommendations) for customer specific applications.
Rotation 3 – Sales (9 months)
This position will be an integral business partner responsible for supporting the Sales Team in UK to generate new business/opportunities with new and existing customers by identifying customers fastening and assembly needs early in the design stage driving specification of Stanley Engineered Fastening product.
- Part of the pull sales team driving ongoing sales within target accounts
- Build strong and sustainable relationships with customers and distributors
- OEM prospecting to discover new customers
- Translating business requirements into technical solutions, and translating complex technical concepts into simple language
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Business, or related business field.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience e.g. in extracurricular activities.
- Must have a passion for excellence and leadership and execute with the highest degree of integrity and accountability.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business beginning with the shop floor and ending with senior management.
- Self-motivated individual who strives for excellence and continuous improvement using analytical problem-solving skills.
- Affinity with technical products is a must – willingness to acquire product knowledge by attending training courses
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and finance.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%, domestic and international travel.
- Must have a “can-do” attitude – the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
- An exciting area of responsibility in an innovative and international environment
- Versatile development opportunities that are individually tailored to you
- An attractive compensation package
- Flexible working time models & home office
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other protected characteristic.
If you would like to be part of our vibrant team and fulfil your potential, please send us your application documents (CV, covering letter and certificates)
Company: STANLEY Engineered Fastening
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A