Website Pan American Development Foundation
This job listing is about Pan American Development Foundation in Georgetown, Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
TERMS OF REFERENCESTRENGTHENING GUYANA POLICE FORCE TRAINING TO IMPROVE RESPONSES TO VULNERABLE POPULATIONS
1. Background and justification
PADF is recruiting a short-term consultant for a U.S. Department of State Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) funded project that seeks to improve the Guyana Police Force’s (GPF)’s encounters with marginalized and vulnerable populations (at-risk youth, victims of gender-based violence, migrants, and others).
The project seeks to achieve this by (1) evaluating standards and procedures for de-escalation tactics and (2) improving officer encounters through modernized procedures and training focused on de-escalation and adoption of a tailored police response to vulnerable populations. The project has three main components to support this goal: 1) assess the GPF’s curriculum, review current training and standing orders specifically for vulnerable populations where they exist. This will analyze standards and procedures regarding police response to violent and non-violent crimes, de-escalation tactics, and community policing, specifically when encountering vulnerable populations; 2) develop in-person and virtual training modules based on international best practices in accordance with findings from the initial assessment; and 3) conduct trainings for GPF staff and recommend pathways for the GPF to incorporate and implement these best practice modules into Police Academy pedagogy in the long-term.
The general objectives of the project are:
- Identify gaps and effectiveness of the GPF in responding to marginalized and vulnerable populations.
- Improve GPF Academy curriculum techniques and materials based on international best practices and standards and integrate or strengthen youth crime, GBV, and migrant response into academy courses and training.
- Conduct training for GPF Academy trainers so that recruits and personnel are better able to perform police duties on youth crime, GBV, and migrant issues.
3. Responsibilities and activities of the consultant
- Perform a comprehensive gap assessment which analyzes the GPF’s current rules of engagement, legislative mandate, and challenges in investigating crimes related to vulnerable populations (at-risk youth, victims of GBV, migrants, etc.).
- Assess the GPF’s methodology to strengthen police-community relationships.
- Provide a series of recommendations to strengthen the GPF’s training on engagement with vulnerable groups.
- Assess GPF’s existing academy curriculum for upgrades and modifications.
4. Candidate profile
The ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- A BA/BS degree in social science, law, international relations, political science, public policy, economics, criminal justice, or related field required. A Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) is strongly preferred. Equivalent education in police academies will be considered.
- More than seven (7) years’ experience in citizen security, policing, curriculum design, or another related field.
- Experience with community policing, financial tracking, and training required.
- Experience managing relationships with international donors including the U.S. Government, bilateral donors, foundations, etc. would be desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prepare clear and concise reports, strategies, and/or proposals.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff in Washington D.C. and in the field, as well as law enforcement authorities, community leaders, groups, and stakeholders in Guyana and the Caribbean.
In addition to the foregoing qualities, the successful candidate must demonstrate strong organizational development, problem-solving skills, and communication abilities, as well as experience and comfort operating in a fast-paced, multicultural, and self-directed environment.
5. Proposal Documents to Include
a. Please attach your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to demonstrate how you meet the TOR requirements.
b. Please include descriptions of similar projects or assignments and at least three client references.
c. Your preferred hourly or daily rate and justification for the rate.
6. Term of Contract
Estimated start date of contract November 1st, 2022. The contract will have approximately a 2-month duration.
7. Submission Details
- Applications must be received no later than October 20th, 2022. All application materials are to be submitted following the guidelines listed in these Terms of Reference. Please send proposals to [email protected].
- Validity of bid: 90 days from the submission deadline.
- Amendments. At any time prior to the deadline for submission of proposals, PADF may, for any reason, modify the Terms of Reference document by an amendment which will be posted to the PADF website and/or communicated via email.
8. Terms and Conditions
This TOR does not obligate PADF to execute a contract, nor does it commit PADF to pay any costs incurred in the preparation or submission of the proposals. Furthermore, PADF reserves the right to reject any and all offers, if such action is considered to be in the best interest of PADF. PADF will, in its sole discretion, select the winning proposal and is not obligated to share individual evaluation results.
All proprietary information provided by the bidder shall be treated as confidential and will not be shared with potential or actual applicants during the solicitation process. This includes but is not limited to price quotations, cost proposals and technical proposals. PADF may, but is not obliged to, post procurement awards on its public website after the solicitation process has concluded, and the contract has been awarded. PADF’s evaluation results are confidential and applicant scoring will not be shared among bidders.
How to apply
Applications must be received no later than October 20th, 2022. All application materials are to be submitted following the guidelines listed in these Terms of Reference. Please send proposals to [email protected].
For updates and amendments to the Terms of Reference, please visit: https://www.padf.org/procurement-opportunities/
Company: Pan American Development Foundation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Georgetown, Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana
Application Deadline: N/A