Surveyor l in Oceaneering Georgetown, Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana
This job listing is about Oceaneering in Georgetown, Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world’s premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The position of Surveyor I will assist with the operating Survey and Positioning equipment in a safe and efficient manner, and maintaining and repairing all electronic sensoring, associated with survey equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting with installing, calibrating, and operating surface and subsea sensors for the real-time position determination of vessels and remotely operated vehicles below the water.
- Operate equipment to include cameras (video and still), acoustic positioning systems, sonars, subsea tooling, surface positioning systems.
- Develop knowledge of Surveyor data collection and analysis process.
- Assist with the Surveyor daily tasks when needed.
- Assist in the maintaining of parts and supplies inventory.
- Responsible for the care and safety of company equipment
- All other duties as assigned
- This position has no direct reports.
- Operations Manager, S&P – SSR Survey Services
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- 0 – 1 years’ experience in the Survey industry as a Survey Professional
- Must have or be able to obtain TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- Must have or be able to obtain a COVID Vaccination
- Must be able to obtain a valid Passport and any other regionally mandated offshore work requirement documents as appropriate.
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills
- Two (2) year Technical Degree or higher in field of study preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, And Other Characteristics
Team Leadership/ Decision Making/ Planning and Organizing/ Developing Others:
- Expresses pride in the group and encourages people to feel good about their accomplishments
- Shares knowledge and resources and encourages the same of others
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and effectively
- Skill to recognize when decisions or information should be referred to a higher authority
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others
- Ability to conduct training for an appropriate audience
Health And Safety/ Technology/ Stress Management/ Flexibility
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in safety inspections and accident prevention
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of safety and health as it relates to employees and the public
- Skill to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments as well as adverse conditions such as weather, equipment problems and job conditions
- Have a good sense of direction (able to self-navigate)
- Be able to perform basic field calculations
- Ability to use various information technology systems required for successful job performance
Client Focus/ Communication/ Ethics And Integrity
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs
- Ability to promote and be accountable for quality customer service
- Respond to clients in a positive and truthful manner
- Solves customer problems quickly and effectively
- Ensures that regular and consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Maintain inter-office and project confidentiality
- Respond politely to members of the community
- Working as a team member/ getting along with co-workers
- Responding in a positive manner to supervision
This position is considered OFFSHORE which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85db and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Team Lift 50-100 pounds
- Sit, twist, crawl, climb stairs/ ladders, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Lift 25-45 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands Balance, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, reach with hands and arms, and lift/carry objects, handle or feel.
- Differentiate between colors
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Close vision ability and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing all ranges
- Wear steel toed shoes/ boots
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click ‘Apply Now’.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Georgetown, Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana
Application Deadline: N/A