This job listing is about Vectrus in Majuro, Marshall Islands 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Responsible for recognizing, researching, isolating, and resolving first level information systems problems and coordinates referrals to appropriate technical, professional, or service personnel for appropriate service, repairs, training, and follow-up.
- This position will be physically located in the Marshall Islands in support of LOGCAP**
- Applies understanding and knowledge of information systems products and services to provide technical software, hardware, and network problem resolution to all computer users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions in a service center environment; clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly professional manner. Escalates complex technical issues using the Remedy ticket submission system.
Maintain, operate, and upgrade all Automation Data Processing Equipment (ADPE), currently consisting of servers, PC systems, (CPU, monitor, keyboard, mouse) laptops, printers, DSN phones, and small peripheral items (KVM switches, CAC readers, etc.) All aspects of system support to include but not limited to Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory and domain, WINS, DNS, print queues, maintenance of database systems and software, installation of patches and updates as mandated, maintain and administer enterprise applications, support, analysis, design, testing, and implementation of systems and networks.
Perform other duties as assigned
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Provide Help Desk support to users with non-secure internet protocol routing network (NIPRNET or NIPR), SIPRNET, or stand-alone AIS or communications systems issues.
- Uses work order system to initiate, update, and track all user generated work orders.
- Serves as a single point of contact for user status inquiry and serves as a liaison within the organization for information systems problem management.
- Install new versions, updates, service packs, or replacement parts for all supported ASG-KU equipment.
- Ability to operate, maintain, and upgrade all ASG-KU Automation Data Processing Equipment (ADPE), currently consisting of servers, PC systems, laptops, printers, DSN phones, and small peripheral items to include KVM switches, CAC readers, etc.
- Disassemble, inspect, repair, test, and repair PC systems and printers to motherboard or control board level.
- Provide initial evaluation and recommendation to user who submitted the trouble ticket within 3 working days of receipt of item.
- Mentor junior Team members.
- Supports analysis, design, testing, and implementation of systems and networks.
The definition of fully vaccinated is that you’ve: 1.) received a vaccine that is recognized by the governing entity and is either a.) Two doses of Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine b.) Two doses of AstraZeneca/Oxford Vaccine c.) Two doses of Moderna Vaccine (or) d. One dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine, and 2.) Two weeks elapsed after the final dose was administered, which is either one or two doses depending on brand of the vaccination.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School Diploma.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must maintain a valid Secret clearance
- Meets requirements outlined in AR 25-2 for privileged access (IAT-I) to ISs
- CompTIA Security+ and MSCA, MCSE, MCITP, or Server+ is required IAW DoD 8570.1-M.
- Capable of effectively communicating technical information in English, both written and verbal
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination:
- In order to qualify for this position, you must be fully vaccinated prior to the start of your assignment and show proof of your vaccination status, unless you are legally entitled to an accommodation (religious or medical).
- In addition to excellent oral and written communications skills, the ideal candidate should have the ability to provide technical software, hardware, and network problem resolution, make independent decisions by performing question/problem diagnosis in a Help Desk environment. Ability to document, research, identify, and attempt to solve technical problems on initial call and/or triage where appropriate for resolution.
- Demonstrated strong Help Desk support experience.
- Three years or more related experience.
- Proven ability to build relationships with all levels of the organization and to communicate effectively with department heads, managers, supervisors and clerical staff
- Strong PowerShell scripting experience
- Strong abilities with the following applications: SCCM, Active Directory, BMC Remedy, SharePoint
- Ability to run reports and validate data
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot systems hardware and software issues to full resolution
- Strong customer service experience
- Handle technical, escalations and sensitive situations.
- Prior satisfactory job performance
- DoD Information Assurance Awareness Training (https://ia.gordon.army.mil/dodiaa/) Fort Gordon Information Assurance Security Officer (IASO) Training (https://ia.gordon.army.mil/iaso/)
- Security+ and Microsoft MCP, MCTS, CCNA, or MCIT is required IAW DoD 8570.1-M.
- Applicant must be baseline & CE certified prior to hire in accordance with DoD 8570.1-M.
- Excellent Customer Service skill sets
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Majuro, Marshall Islands
Application Deadline: N/A