Website SymBioSys Inc
This job listing is about SymBioSys Inc in Sud-Ouest, Burkina Faso 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Would you like to gain experience working with children who need extra help to learn in school?
Have you always wanted to work with SEN (Special Educational Needs) children one-to-one?
Five Education are excited to offer this opportunity to work as a Teaching Assistant in a secondary school in Somerset. You will be supporting children in the class and around the school. You will need to be confident and have excellent behaviour management skills. You may be asked to work 1:1 depending on the needs of the children. The right person will be patient, encouraging and hold some knowledge of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or be willing to work towards this.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Working with the class teacher on differentiation and helping students access a tailored curriculum
- Potentially working with small groups or in a 1:1 setting
- Using de-escalation techniques to ensure pupils are calm and able to access the full range of education offered
- Providing a positive role model for young people
- Providing feedback and helping with assessments
At least 6 months experience of working with children or vulnerable adults
2 years’ worth of references, 1 to be working with children or vulnerable adults (needs to be recent and this could be paid or volunteer work)
A relevant DBS/Police check
Able to work between 08.30-15.30 and a minimum of 2 days a week
What can Five Education offer you?
- One of the best supply experiences in Bristol – check out our google reviews!
- Free specialised, in-person training in areas such as Team Teach, Makaton, PMLD/SLD Awareness, Autism Awareness, and more.
- Free DBS (refunded when you work 5 days).
- Subsidised initial DBS cost (we pay £15, you pay £30).
- Specialist support/ mentoring while you are working.
If you think this could be a job for you, please get in touch to find out more.
If you think this could be a job for you, please get in touch to find out more. We are always available for an informal chat if you want to find out more about whether this role is suited to you.
Five Education operates a PAYE payroll; this is the most transparent way to be paid with no hidden fees such as admin fee or employers NI. We are also proud to be an accredited Living Wage Employer. Please note pay rate is for illustration and does include holiday pay.
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including reference checks, TRA checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face-to-face interview.
We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented at this level.
Company: SymBioSys Inc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sud-Ouest, Burkina Faso
Application Deadline: N/A