Website BD SELECT
This job listing is about BD SELECT in Doha, Doha, Qatar 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that barge / vessels are maintained up to the standards set up by the company & in compliance with the relevant national & international rules & regulations and Assist in maintaining the entire unit’s statutory certification
- Establish & maintain a safe management practice in compliance with the ISM code. Accordingly, ensure that vessels are equipped with all the required safety elements and comply with local and statutory environmental obligations
- Check & approve the engine department’s material requisitions received from vessels & co-ordinate with the purchase section of company to ensure prompt delivery of requested materials
- Manage, control & organize the work of the sub-contractors on board company’s vessels
- Select suppliers, negotiate prices and arrange deliveries of parts & stores to ships and ensure that vessels and materials used in the vessels meet company and constitutional quality standards.
- Ensures statutory & classification surveys for all fleet vessels are carried out & that vessels class are maintained by taking all the necessary actions to lift any imposed condition on the class within the time frame given by surveyors
- Inspect vessels regularly, prepare inspection reports & submit these reports to the Technical manager with recommended corrective actions, implement approved corrective actions and close out deficiencies
- Schedule and prepare dry-docks and major repairsefit specifications, negotiate prices with yards, prepare comparative statements, assist in yard’s selection, attend the dry dockingepairs of the vessels, verify job completion reports and review the final invoice
- Assist in the selection, familiarization & briefing of shore-based personnel & vessels’ staff including Masters, Chief Engineers, Chief Officers & Second Engineers
- Monitor the status and effectiveness of planned maintenance schedules to ensure maximum equipment efficiency.
- Liaise with the certifying authorities regarding equipment failures, repairs and/or renewals. Develop & follow up claims both warranty and insurance in conjunction with the relevant departments within the company
- Assist with the preparation of budgets including costs for all surveys, modifications and projects. Check & control the costs / expenses related to the technical management of the fleet to stay within budget
- Act as a coach to subordinates, identify their training and career development, recommend training courses and follow-up on their personnel records such as timesheets, discipline, vacations, leaves and absenteeism;
- Develop & maintain a good working relationship with counter parts in the other departments & subsidiaries within company, and provide assistance when required. Also, establish & maintain good working relations with clients/suppliers & sub-contractors
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ensure operations/work processes occur in accordance with all relevant legal, regulatory, and any other standards and requirements to which compliance is required
- Ensure the health and safety of all employees and the protection of the environment for all sites/work premises under their control.
Education & Professional Qualification
- Bachelor Degree or first class certificate in Marine Engineering
- 8 to 10 years shipboard experience as an engineer
- Candidate must have sailed as Chief Engineer
- 2 years Shore based experience of vessel management
- Strong knowledge of ISM & QMS
- Strong knowledge of ship repair technics
- Strong knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering, hull coatings and steel repairs
- Strong knowledge of related health, safety, security and environmental regulations
Company: BD SELECT
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A