Website Techdroid Systems Limited
This job listing is about Techdroid Systems Limited in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Techdroid Systems is a leading Technology innovative firm based in Nigeria. Established in 2017, it has been at the forefront of developments in commercial practice in Nigeria and has continuously rendered sound technical services and tailored customer solutions to its local and international partners.
The Technical Support Officer will be mainly responsible for the customer’s desktop, laptop configuration, and application support including Windows operating systems, and other in-house applications.
This is a very hands-on role and an on-site customer-facing role, which requires excellent technical, analytical skills, prioritization, responsiveness, and customer service, along with excellent verbal communication skills.
In consultation with the Head of technical services, the incumbent will contribute to the efficient service delivery of computer hardware and software resources, maintain business applications, and ensure the reliability and sustainability of information and communication resources.
- Report to the Head of Operations
- Systems Support and Management
- Ensure client’s desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with different systems including ERPS, DMS, file servers, and email servers of client.
- Provide 2nd level diagnosis and quickly resolve a wide range of Windows applications and networking problems to help minimize downtime.
- Escalate the issue/problem to relevant support team member.
- Conduct regular system audits and ensure optimal performance of the systems of client.
- Develop trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls, problems and support requests, and take action on recurrent incidences.
- Manage servers, and ensure optimal operation of key services including Virtual machines, replications, data backups and recovery.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and manage update services and utilities.
- Support and administration of MS Exchange and Active Directory domains including managing users, user groups, and group policies.
- Ensure effective operation and running of client systems, including document management systems and ERP.
- Support and troubleshoot printers, computer hardware and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
- Schedule and perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
- Responsible for tracking hardware and software inventory, maintain I.T. records and tracking for area of responsibility.
- Familiarize end users on basic software, hardware and peripheral device operation.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues within the desktop environment.
- Escalate issues and involve supervisors wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
- Maintain and consistently demonstrate a general knowledge of Firm guidelines, processes, practices and procedures.
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time.
- Establish a good working relationship with internal customers and other professionals (e.g., software developers).
- Plan, organize and coordinate formal and informal orientation and training of employees on Key IT services and resources
- Learn & research on new IT challenges and provide trainings to users
Desired Skills & Experience
- A good degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field with at least 2-3 years of proven experience delivering IT training and support is in a structured organization.
- Past experience supporting multiple users with the ability to operate with minimal supervision and maintain professional demeanor under stress.
- The ability to assist in the demonstration and training of staff in the use of new systems.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical knowledge and apply knowledge.
- The ability to explain complex information clearly and simply.
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills.
- Promotes positive behavior through own actions and attitude.
- Good customer service, self-motivation.
- Ability to meet deadlines, pay attention to detail and maintain accuracy.
- Ability to work flexibly and proactively by demonstrating initiative.
- Knowledge of Remote Desktop applications is desirable.
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and advanced excel.
- Experience of supporting an MS Windows 2008 Server (or later) Active Directory environment, including:
- Support of MS Active Directory domains
- MS Exchange administration.
- Supporting servers running MS SQL Server
- Knowledge on Virtual environments and experience is desirable
- Local Area Networks (LANS) and Wide Area Networks (WAN), and Cisco switching technologies
- Knowledge in data backup and NAS storage desirable
- Managing APs / Fortinet Firewalls is desirable
- Supporting PC’s and printers/Multi-functional devices in a Windows x desktop environment.
- Support the maintenance of web/intranet content management systems
Don’t Keep! Kindly Share:
Company: Techdroid Systems Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Application Deadline: N/A