This listing is about Thales in Reading, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
An excellent carer opportunity has been created for a Lead Consultant – Government. This role is a hybrid of consulting and developing new relationships in which you will be responsible for generating, developing and winning opportunities for our Cybersecurity and Trust business in the UK Government Market through engagement and delivering consultancy assignments with potential and existing clients. If you have a senior consultant background specifically with UK Government department customers selling and delivering consulting services we would like to hear from you. This position will draw on your already grounded success and track record of delivering and developing relationships on consulting projects with UK Government departments.
You will have significant autonomy in this role and the opportunity to develop, own and action engagement to ensure proposed solutions meet the clients desired outcomes while engaging and building lasting relationships with central Government customers, such as the Home Office, and be able to quickly elicit requirements that will inform potential secure connectivity propositions that will meet with our clients required outcomes. This position will see you develop core relationships with core UK Government departments to develop and implement our overall business winning strategy and capability in this market and supports the Sales, Pre-Sales, and Technical communities to develop appropriate solutions to meet our client’s needs and business outcomes.
Requirements for the position
- Track record of successfully delivering consultancy engagements in the UK Government market (for example Home Office, MOJ, NHS)
- Broad Technology & IT Architecture Foundation with Cyber knowledge would be ideal
- Builds client relationships quickly through engaging and credible interactions
- Well-grounded consulting skills and the ability to develop user requirements, understanding and eliciting how the solution can solve an issue
- Comfortable holding a technical conversation at a senior level
- Delivery of results in challenging, client-facing environments
- Developing relationships with external partners at a senior level
- Strong Commercial / Business Management abilities
- Knowledge of key industry /market drivers and stakeholders in target Government departments
- Experience of Government procurement ( for example G Cloud 12)
- Ability to engage stakeholders at all levels (especially senior decision makers)
- Proven experience of client facing engagement in high profile and challenging environments
- Motivated and driven by delivering customer outcomes
- Able to develop, coach and mentor colleagues and team members
In line with Thales’ Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Thales UK is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process. We will provide reasonable adjustments and support to ensure neuro-diverse applicants or those with a disability or long-term condition can be their best during the recruitment process. To request an adjustment, if you need this job advert in an alternative format or if you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Resourcing Ops for mid to senior roles, or the Early Careers Team for graduate and apprentice roles.
Great journeys start here, apply now!
Job Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org