This listing is about Thales in Fareham, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Location: Fareham, United Kingdom
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
As a Technical Consultant, you will be the technical expert supporting the delivery of digital banking solutions, working with various Thales internal teams and directly with Thales’ customers. You will assist all stakeholders with your technical solution knowledge. You will have technical responsibility for a portfolio of solutions delivering the full PKI ecosystem and will champion a best practice approach required for the ongoing solution development and support. For card production, you will contribute to the integration, testing and maintenance of software solutions within a Smart Card Personalisation Centre. For deployed card operation, you will support the middleware application development, validation and release to customers that enables the card operation with the hardware devices.
- Take responsibility for deployment planning, coordinating and overseeing customer activities related to Digital Banking devices and enablers products integration into the customer IT information systems.
- Work closely with the Digital Banking R&D, Product Marketing, Customer Services, Technical Support and Pre-sales teams, as well as with Project Managers to ensure successful project deployment.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the technical architecture is followed and that services necessary to meet the changing needs of the customers are implemented and maintained.
- You also have the overall responsibility for the “blueprint” or technology architecture that will be deployed. To do this you must ensure that the Statement of Work and Architecture Deployment documents are accurate and take responsibility for onsite solution delivery and software deployment and integration of Thales Digital Banking security software and solutions.
- Customisation and final delivery of software solutions to customers.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Strong system integration skills are desirable
- Strong knowledge of systems security practices.
- Good working knowledge of multi-tier distributed application architecture Working knowledge of web service and API technologies (XML, JSON, SOAP, WSL, REST, etc)
- Audit and regulatory frameworks experience (PCI, ISO, etc)
- Hands-on experience within an IT service management framework, ideally ITIL. (Certification preferred.)
- In depth IT skills a. Operating systems b. Web application architecture c. Database technology d. General networking, TCP/IP and file transfer protocols e. IT Security, especially in PKI schemes
- Ideal candidate would also have previous experience in eBanking solutions based on smart card technology as well as EMV and CAP on top of hardware and software based PKI solutions
- General knowledge and understanding of project delivery methodologies
In line with Thales’ Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Thales UK is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process. We will provide reasonable adjustments and support to ensure neuro-diverse applicants or those with a disability or long-term condition can be their best during the recruitment process. To request an adjustment, if you need this job advert in an alternative format or if you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Resourcing Ops for mid to senior roles, or the Early Careers Team for graduate and apprentice roles.
Great journeys start here, apply now!
Job Location: Fareham, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com