This listing is about Thales in Crawley, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Location: Crawley, United Kingdom
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
About The Role
Reporting to the Thales UK Head of Information Assurance you will be responsible for the security evaluation, implementation and documentation of cost effective security requirements and controls for Thales IS environments, with a specific focus on the Data Management and Digital Operations Function.
To identify and reduce business risk by undertaking probing, analytical technical security assessments and defining/coordinating security assurance activities. This will be achieved by reviewing, maintaining and updating all technical security documentation and risk registers, alongside policy and procedures associated with Thales’ networks, systems applications and use cases, in accordance with Mandatory Requirements of UK HMG Security Policy Framework (SPF), applicable Information Assurance Standards and Thales Group Policy.
- Support Thales UK in ensuring all technical security measures are enhanced and developed where necessary, to ensure successful and timely system accreditations and re-accreditations.
- Provide central point of contact for all technical security matters and concerns, supporting delivery squads and businesses throughout project lifecycles and BAU Operations.
- Responsibility for developing, implementing and conducting formal and regular technical risk assessments of Thales’ IS environments, recommending remedial action where required.
- Work collaboratively with technical project and service delivery squads to ensure proposed solutions provide the required level of security assurance in line with data processing requirements and Thales and customer risk appetites.
- Ensure that technical requirements for Thales assurance activities are delivered in the functional area in line with risk appetite.
- Help support and promote the importance of data protection and data security
- Provide requirements, epics and stories, along with guidance & governance to squads to ensure data protection and data security are included in the scope of new and existing data & digital products
- Assist with the deployment and implementation of security related projects and efforts
- You have the ability to facilitate engagement with peers.
- You are strong in team orientation – someone who can enable others, instil a unified and collaborative atmosphere for a diverse team.
- You are eager to share knowledge and help team members develop their security awareness.
- You have a proven dedication and willingness towards continuous improvement and learning new skills and capabilities.
- You are curious about the latest developments and tools in your area(s) of expertise, passionate about innovations.
- You are open-minded, experienced or ready to adopt to new ways of working (agile).
- You are curious about Data and the uses of Data and the security implications for a company like Thales.
- In depth experience in technical security support with a variety of systems and applications.
- Evidential experience as subject matter expert in the evaluation and implementation of technical security products for Public or Private sector organisations.
- Able to provide analytical advice on the security implications of new and existing systems/applications and for all proposed changes to said systems/applications.
- Able to interpret detailed system design documentation and identify potential security risks and mitigations to implement secure and appropriate security solutions.
- Ensure that the activities embody a compliancy approach such that Security Architecture and Services manage risk, maximising business value with appropriate security.
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, highly technical aspects of your field of expertise, to management, clients and staff at all levels.
- Quantifiable experience in fundamentals of all aspects of Security technical design.
- Experience in performing formal risk assessments and production of Risk Management and Accreditation Documentation (RMADS) in line with UK Government policy.
- In depth experience in security technical support with a variety of systems and applications.
- Formal stakeholder for the successful assessment and delivery of security related change control processes.
- Experience in application of Security Frameworks. E.G. ISO27000 series, NIST-800 and associated assurance activities.
- Experience in risk management in application development (low code) and/or data driven practise.
- Recognised Security certifications e.g. CISSP, CISM, CCSK or equivalent
- Demonstrable understanding of digital technologies.
- Demonstrable understanding of application of security principles within an agile delivery framework.
- Proven experience in assessing and managing technical risk,
- Ability to provide technical security advice to business areas when required and to provide technical security input to the security risk registers.
- Understanding of current and emerging Security technologies.
- Demonstrable understanding of Digital/Application Security products.
- Reviewing/updating security policies and procedures.
In line with Thales’ Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Thales UK is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process. We will provide reasonable adjustments and support to ensure neuro-diverse applicants or those with a disability or long-term condition can be their best during the recruitment process. To request an adjustment, if you need this job advert in an alternative format or if you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Resourcing Ops for mid to senior roles, or the Early Careers Team for graduate and apprentice roles.
Great journeys start here, apply now!
Job Location: Crawley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org