Website The Huntsman Group
This listing is about The Huntsman Group in Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Our client is a leading and award-winning international commercial law firm with offices in Liverpool, Manchester, London, Leeds, Piraeus, Singapore, Monaco and Hong Kong. With more than 840 people including 175 partners and legal directors, the firm delivers advice and strategic guidance spanning the full legal spectrum, from non-contentious advisory and transactional work, to all forms of commercial litigation.
They act as a trusted adviser to a wide portfolio of clients across a wide range of specialist sectors: from transport and logistics and international trade, through to retail, insurance, marine, health, education, manufacturing, public sector and banking and financial services.
Job Role – QA Analyst
Hours – 35 hours a week
As the winner of Working Families’ ‘Best UK employer for Flexible Working Award 2020’, we are happy to consider flexible working opportunities to help you balance your work and home life.
Department – IT Transformation
Location – Liverpool
Understanding that incentives go far beyond a good salary, so we have created a comprehensive benefits package tailored around our people.
Here Are Some Examples Of What We Offer
- 25 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Birthday privilege day and Christmas shutdown
- Holiday buy, sell and carryover scheme
- 2 charity volunteering or pro bono days
- Flexible, agile and home working
- Permanent health insurance
- Flexible pension scheme
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Life assurance
- Annual travel season ticket loan
- Dress for your day policy
- Training and development opportunities
- Financial contribution towards home working equipment
Introduction to the role:
We are currently seeking a tenacious, methodical & experienced QA analyst to join our growing PMO team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the complete software development life cycle along with a wider remit to assist with successful user on-boarding. We work primarily with off the shelf solutions configured to meet our business requirements.
Projects range from smaller solutions such as room booking systems to major software projects that span the entire business such as finance system upgrades.
Introduction To The Team
As part of the Delivery and Change department supporting our large, Multinational Firm, you will be part of a team of Project Managers, Business Analysts and Testers.
As well as your experience, you will be able to assist with an exciting change within the business. The team delivers all projects across the Firm and is a well-respected part of our business model.
- Analysis – Working with the BA team to fully understand the business requirements to ensure testing plans are fit for purpose
- Documentation – Written test plans and drawing up of test scripts
- Estimating & Planning – Working with the Project Managers to agree scope and timelines for testing
- Testing – Execution of system testing of new and existing systems
- Issue Management – Rigorous record keeping of issues and tracking to conclusion
- Business Acceptance Testing and User Training – supporting the Project Management and Training Teams in the delivery of both elements
- Post launch support – supporting business users during rollout and handing over to Service Desk
What we are looking for
- Prior experience of writing and executing detailed test scripts
- Demonstrate experience of working with integrated software and APIs
- Experience of estimating, planning and scope management around testing
- Previous exposure to working with release management and regression testing
- Experience of working with Change Control within a project
- Ability to use SQL
- Able to work with data migration projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collaborating with internal stakeholders at all levels and managing external suppliers
- Understanding and experience of working with Jira software for testing purposes
- Working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a growing team
- Knowledge of the legal sector
- Previous exposure of other software such as Postman / TFS, PowerBI / SSRS
- Ability to work with Financial Systems such as Aderant
- Experience of working with Case Management systems such as Sharedo
- Experience of automated testing
- Experience of working with CRM System such as Microsoft Dynamic
Mission – who we are and our approach
We act as trusted advisors to our clients, providing commercial solutions in their specialist markets for their strategic
20:20 Vision – where we want to be
We want to grow a sustainable and profitable business, with a positive and inspiring culture, which places us as a top 40 law firm.
To create a firm we are proud of and a culture that reflects our values to deliver our ambitions of growth
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
To foster an environment of fairness, equality and respect for all regardless of age, gender, gender identity, professional skills or status, ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital or transgender status, nationality, religion or belief and to create an inclusive culture that is representative of all sections of society.
We work with Stonewall as part of our commitment to being an LGBT friendly employer, to ensure all policies are gender inclusive and we are up to date on language and terminology. We link in with local Pride events and wear rainbow lanyards to show support to the LGBT legal community.
We work with the Social Mobility Foundation to offer work experience placements in October each year for students from low socio-economic backgrounds. We deliver a formal mentoring programme with associates and trainees mentoring students from the Social Mobility Foundation. We continually review our recruitment processes to ensure fairness and inclusion for all roles.
We are members of Working Families and work with them to ensure our policies and practices are family friendly as well as commercially viable. Working Families worked with us to develop our updated Smart Working guidelines which promotes a healthy work life balance by encouraging all employees to have a flexible approach to work in a way that is beneficial to them and to their work.
Trust: We understand that trust is fundamental to how we do business, it empowers our colleagues, builds loyalty and inspires creativity.
Respect: We will maintain the highest standards of professionalism and integrity so that we foster a climate of mutual trust and confidence amongst our colleagues.
Innovation: We will embrace change, utilise our technologies and modernise our approach to business and people management.
Collaboration: We will work together and integrate across teams and in doing so share our expertise and knowledge for the benefit of the firm and our clients.
We will make reasonable adjustments to help you perform at your best. Please contact the Huntsman Group Recruitment Team and tell us what adjustments you need to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview.
All successful candidates will be subject to our standard pre-employment screening, including a basic criminal record check via Disclosure and Barring Service. Any offer of employment made is conditional upon completion of all checks.
Due to the high response levels we receive for some vacancies, we may expire any of them prior to the advertised closing date and advise you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Trust – Innovation – Collaboration – Respect
Please forward a full CV along with availability to interview/start and salary expectations for initial feedback and a confidential chat. It is essential that your CV has a Mobile numberand full Postcode, so that our systems can match you to live jobs!
At this time we can only consider applications from candidates that are already resident in the UK,with the necessary permission to accept permanent offers of employment.
Job Type: Permanent
Benefits What’s On Offer For You
Here are some examples of what’s on offer for you via our benefits:
- Salary up to £34K doe
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Birthday privilege day
- Christmas shutdown
- Holiday buy and sell and carryover scheme
- Charity volunteering days
- Smart working
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Health cash plan
- Maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave, special leave
- Life assurance
- Annual travel season ticket loan
- Dress for your day
- Training opportunities
Company: The Huntsman Group
Job Location: Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com