Website The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
This listing is about The London School of Economics and Political Science LSE in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
LSE is committed to building a diverse, equitable and truly inclusive university
Support Officer (Student and Teaching Service Line)
Salary from £31,029 to £35,635 pa inclusive with potential to progress to £38,823 pa inclusive of London allowance
The London School of Economics is a cosmopolitan university situated in the vibrant centre of London that specialises in the study of social sciences.
LSE’s Data and Technology Services division provides services to over 10,000 staff and student users.
The Role Is Primarily Accountable For
Responsible for providing technical support, maintenance and development within the Student and Teaching service line.
- Providing IT support to the computer teaching rooms, computer rooms and open access spaces that fall within the Student and Teaching service line:
- Performing morning rounds on the computer teaching rooms, carrying out checks and resolving or escalating issues found.
- Supporting and maintaining the IT hardware in computer teaching rooms, computer rooms and open access spaces across campus.
- Supporting and maintaining the hardware and software on portable iRoam devices.
- Providing support for Windows and Mac OS devices in open access spaces.
- Providing assistance to students wishing to use the iRoam service.
- Installing new IT equipment in computer teaching rooms, computer rooms and open access spaces.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting faults reported with IT hardware and software and resolving or escalating issues found.
- Installing replacement peripherals in computer teaching rooms, computer rooms and open access spaces, where and when required.
- Helping to maintain an up-to-date inventory of the IT equipment in computer teaching rooms, computer rooms and open access spaces, including room layout information.
- Recording and assessing user requirements for new services related to the computer teaching rooms, computer rooms or open access spaces and escalating requests to the Student and Teaching Service Line Manager.
- Diversifying knowledge and skills to provide a point of escalation and cover for all services within the Student and Teaching Service line.
- Experience of resolving incidents that are escalated from other colleagues that are technical in nature, or involve a challenging situation
- Evidence of a strong technical background relating to industry standard technology
- Knowledge and experience of using systems management software such as SCCM or JAMF
- Strong diagnostic skills for resolving or escalating incidents relating to AV and IT equipment
- Understanding of security and data protection principles
As a Support Officer there will also be a requirement to maintain excellent relationships with a wider range of stakeholders that would fall into this service area. This would include escalating issues and resolving problems in a collegiate and empathetic way.
Candidates Should Have
We offer an occupational pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training and development opportunities.
For further information about the post, please see the how to apply document, job description and the person specification.
To apply for this post, please go to https://jobs.lse.ac.uk. If you have any technical queries with applying on the online system, please use the “contact us” links at the bottom of the LSE Jobs page. Should you have any queries about the role, please email [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of applications is 20th February 2022 (23.59 UK time). Regrettably, we are unable to accept any late applications.
Company: The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com