Website Thermo Fisher Scientific
This listing is about Thermo Fisher Scientific in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Job Title: Material Handler
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
An opportunity has arisen for a Material Handler, based at the Warrington site. The successful candidate will be responsible for the completion of all aspects of Material Handling work tasks, by being able to demonstrate specialist knowledge in 3 designated work tasks from Goods Receipt, work order kitting, releasing of goods into inventory, label printing and shipping.
What will you do?
- Take an active role in process improvements to increase efficiency or productivity, utilising the PPI business system to constantly raise the bar in the material handling team.
- Perform material handling duties in line with current SOP’s and in compliance with current ISO standards.
- Ensure all goods are received, examined, stored, delivered, and shipped according to established procedures and customer requirements.
- Assist customers in ensuring all targets are reached on time every time.
- Ensure inventory accuracy targets are met across all materials.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment for everyone who enters the material handling areas.
- Perform PPI activity such as Gemba, RCCM and JDI completion.
- Train other operators as required.
- Works co-operatively with others and contributes towards a team effort. Assists others to achieve departmental objectives and goals
- Encourages others, shares ideas, seeks help and support when required, recognises the contribution of others and is flexible within the team
- Encourages a positive working environment and uses initiative and contributes to area improvements
How will you get here?
- Demonstrated experience of working in a warehouse environment.
- A customer focused attitude and approach to all daily tasks.
- Experience of working within a regulated life science, pharmaceutical or medical device business.
- Proven ability to consistently, and independently, follow policies and procedures; written and verbal instruction, and to meet schedules required.
- Working knowledge of SAP and business computer software with logistics related databases.
- Excellent communication skills at various levels.
Please send in your application, including a cover letter, CV (in one document) in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 170362BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position – please contact Lauren Amatt on 020 4518 4412
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com