Website Thermo Fisher Scientific
This listing is about Thermo Fisher Scientific in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Job Title: Sr Technical Sales Specialist, UK or Ireland
Requisition ID: 190680BR
When you are a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location: Remote UK or Ireland
Single-Use Technologies are a major Division within Thermo Scientific’s Bioproduction Group, alongside cell culture media, sera and supplements, purification resins, pharmaceutical analytics and cGMP warehousing solutions. The SUT product portfolio is extensive all along the bioprocessing workflow. It includes products such as Single-Use Systems (BioProcess Containers and custom assemblies), Single-Use Hardware (Single-Use Bioreactors, Mixers, Fermenters, and other advanced automation solutions) plus their associated consumables, as well as innovative harvesting technologies, and, finally, Rigid Single-Use Systems (such as Cell Factory Systems, Single-Use Bottles and Carboys).
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for a Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) to join our Single Use Technology (SUT) sales team. Your role will be to maximize sales of Single-Use Technologies to our Biopharmaceutical customers either in the UK or in Ireland, based on the successful candidate’s location. You will focus your time on building strategic relationships, identifying new sales opportunities and nurturing them to completion.
What will you do?
- Own, drive and close all hardware and automation sales projects in territory
- Articulate the strategy for SUT business development for your region
- Find new leads and drive them through the sales funnel to completion with the help of the Account Management and Field Applications teams
- Provide strategic support regarding SUT: competitive intelligence; win/loss analysis; strategic analysis; sales technique coaching; drive new product introduction or other important messaging activities, generally in close collaboration with Market Development, Product Management, Field Applications and other TSS colleagues.
- Influence internal and external stakeholders to prioritize driving SUT business growth, including some sales channel support, as well as A&E partners
How will you get here?
- Degree related to Life Sciences and/or Process controlling or automation
- Technical background in single-use technologies and/or cell culture and/or upstream and/or downstream processing, gained in an industry scientist, field application, technical sales or field service role
- Outstanding team working skills to add value in a highly matrixed organization
- Sales experience within the biopharmaceutical sector preferred
- Strong influencing and networking skills
- Willingness to travel in territory and occasionally outside
- Strong IT skills including and beyond Office 360 and preferably SalesForce.com
- Driving licence
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent career progression as part of a global organization
- Stimulating matrix work environment with easy access to remarkable expertise
- Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Attractive salary and sales bonus
- Company car
Please send in your application, including a cover letter, CV (in one document) in English.
Apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/Reference: 190680BR, please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 100,000+ colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realize your best – professionally and personally.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com