This listing is about THG in Manchester, England, United Kingdom
About the job
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Operations & Logistics at THG
With over 18 warehousing and fulfilment sites globally, and over 195 shipping destinations worldwide, THG’s operations and logistics teams are central to our extraordinary growth. In 2020, THG gained over 10.7 million new customers across our portfolio of sites and made a number of key acquisitions including manufacturing and distribution facilities. We’re also continuing to invest in our global infrastructure, with plans to add millions of square feet in new distribution facilities worldwide.
THG’s Operations and Logistics team is helping to deliver rapid growth for THG’s fast-moving, global brands. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join us.
About The Role
Due to rapid growth, THG has set up additional sites in the NW, UK and is recruiting Operations Graduates who will be responsible for managing a team of around 20-40 Warehouse Operatives working in Outbound / Inbound operations.
Your team will be responsible for receiving, picking, packing and sorting orders that are placed with THG using our Warehouse Management System. You will report to a Shift Manager and will support them in ensuring that we meet or exceed our targets for safety, quality and productivity of the fulfilment operation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading and motivating a small team, carrying out a variety of warehouse tasks including picking orders, packing orders, replenishing stock, sortation, decant, returns plus any other reasonable requests made by the business.
- Supervising and guiding the team whilst they carry out their duties and resolving any queries that they have.
- Working with the Learning & Development team to ensure that all members of your team have been suitably trained for each task they are asked to perform.
- Ensuring that your team are all adhering to THG’s Health & Safety policies and procedures and will work with your colleagues to promote a safe working environment.
- Ensuring that the team is operating productively and in line with set KPIs.
- Supporting colleagues with any concerns or requirements including HR issues.
- Ensuring quality standards are met.
- Assist Shift Managers with planning resources required to deliver customer orders and with management of flow of resources in the operation
- Allocating staff to certain areas and check staffing levels are in line with demand/plans.
- Communicating instructions from senior members of staff to your team and ensure these are understood.
- Identifying key members of the team for development to promote succession planning.
- Working with the People Team to manage employee relation issues and to manage holidays, sickness, absence and under performance for your team
- Assuming Shift Management responsibility in times of absence and holiday.
Please note that this is a shift based role where you will be required to work day or night shifts up to 12 hours (shifts allocated according to business requirements).
- STEM/logistics/supply chain or similar degree qualification
- Good communication/interpersonal/organisational skills
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to build a rapport with staff at all levels of the operation and the ability to drive positive change
- Ability to remain focused, as well as good attention to detail
- Good at working under pressure, managing your time effectively and solving problems
- You will need to be fully flexible and prepared to work up to 12 hour shifts (inc. Nights/Weekends) at either Omega, Warrington / ICON Manchester site.
- Experience using MS Office (Excel, Teams etc.).
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment or similar (preferred)
- Competitive salary
- Agile working policy – allowing up to 2 days a week working from home
- Commitment to continued learning and development through our bespoke early careers offering
- Working at Top 25 Sunday Times Large Companies to Work for 2021 rated business
- Access to mental health support as well as access to on-site Doctor and Nurse
- Discounted on-site Physio
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven’t heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Job Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org