Delivery Advisor in Tony Blair Institute for Global Change Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
Website Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
This job listing is about Tony Blair Institute for Global Change in Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Focus of the Role
Are you excited by the prospect of designing and implementing high impact transformation programmes from the centre of government? Do you have experience advising senior political leadership on strategy, policy, delivery, and technology? Do you have experience of consulting – or working in – the public sector and of leading teams of consultants or government advisors?
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) has been working with the Government of Zambia since March 2022. Working hand-in-hand with the Office of the President of the Republic of Zambia, the project is led by a Country Director, with a team currently consisting of advisers supporting the government in different ministries. We are hiring a Delivery Adviser to support the Office of the President establish a structure to prioritise, plan and steer the implementation of the government’s transformation and digital agenda.
The overriding mission of the delivery unit will be to help the President drive delivery of his priority outcomes. The delivery unit will do this by steering implementation of priority interventions, providing support to line ministries to expedite delivery, and keep the President informed, advising on specific interventions where the President’s personal authority and focus can drive progress.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of key deliverables, e.g. contributions to weekly and monthly delivery reports
- Mentor and coach Delivery Associate(s)/ Analyst(s) to help them to perform their roles effectively and to support their personal development
- Role-model best practice in people management – recruiting associate(s)/analyst(s), motivating them and creating a culture of high performance, leading regular team meetings, setting individual objectives, allocating tasks and monitoring progress against objectives and workplans
Driving delivery of priority outcomes
- Oversee implementation of one or more priority outcomes:
- Work with relevant public institutions to track progress of priority interventions against implementation plans, using data-driven and effective monitoring tools
- Hands-on support to relevant public institutions to problem-solve and fast-track implementation of priority interventions, identifying and overcoming bottlenecks and obstacles to delivery (including capacity gaps)
- Analyse data to identify whether priority interventions are on track to achieve their goals and to predict the impact of interventions
- Contribute to weekly and monthly delivery reports, summarising progress of priority interventions, identifying obstacles and recommending solutions
- Support relevant public institutions to prepare for stock-take meetings with His Excellency the President or his representative
- Prepare additional reports and briefings pertaining to relevant priority interventions as directed by the Head of Unit
Client and stakeholder engagement
- Advise the Head of Unit (and stakeholders up to and including the President as required) on priority delivery issues, including identifying issues which require their intervention
- Build strong and collaborative working relationships within the delivery unit, with relevant counterpart departments and serve as a focal point for stakeholders, both within the Office of the President and externally.
This is a role in a fast-paced team, working within complex policy areas that are highly scrutinised. We are looking for enthusiastic and resilient individuals with a “can-do” outlook and the ability to consistently achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Relationship building and stakeholder management
- Coaching and people management
- Strategic planning and decision-making
- Problem solving and analysis
- Written and verbal communication
Knowledge and experience:
- Significant professional experience (required)
- A good understanding of Government systems and/or relevant sector expertise (required)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and PowerPoint (highly desirable, basic knowledge required)
- An excellent academic record, including a Bachelors degree (required) and a Masters degree (desirable)
Please note that due to the upcoming holiday period we will not be able to advise on the success of your application until January 2023.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\’re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.
Company: Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
Application Deadline: N/A