This job listing is about Cargill in San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose And Impact
The Trade Compliance Consultant (HS Classification & Preferential Origin) will handle moderately complex classifications and origin determinations for business entities for a county or across multiple countries in Latam. In this role, you will work to classify moderately complex regulatory data and actively participate in projects associated with customs data.
- Use technical customs knowledge to assign classification codes and country of origin, review customs data and provide insights to the business and operational and functional stakeholders.
- Support research and provide written and verbal advice to the company and businesses.
- Develop guidelines, tools, templates and instructions to govern the compliance of sensitive customs data.
- Support external queries, rulings and audits related to data classification and origin determinations.
- Administer and monitor customs and trade compliance related systems as a super user for troubleshooting, training and data quality purposes.
- Support analysis and documentation of customs processes and implementation of customs data projects and regulatory requirements.
- Compile, analyze and report on metrics and data following established procedures.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Technical knowledge of classification and origin determination
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Intermediate – Advanced English level
- Advanced proficiency with spreadsheet application (Excel)
- Detail-oriented person
- Minimum of three years of customs experience
- Hands on experience with related programs and applications
- Experience working on customs compliance matters, preferably with a large accounting firm, government, major law firm or multinational company
- Project management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras
Application Deadline: N/A