Website IFC International Finance Corporation
This job listing is about IFC International Finance Corporation in Dakar, Dakar Region, Senegal 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Job #: req20257 Organization: IFC Sector: Other Grade: GF Term Duration: 3 years 0 months Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment Location: Dakar,Senegal;Johannesburg,South Africa Required Language(s): English Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 12/14/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is one of the major industry groups at IFC, responsible for managing roughly 40% of IFC’s overall business in terms of volume and capital at risk. FIG engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including Microfinance, SME, Gender, Climate, Insurance, Capital Markets, Housing, Distressed Assets, Payments, fintech, and other areas, with both investment and advisory services delivered to IFC’s clients through IFC’s global network.
IFC’s priorities in FIG as an industry group are: (i) grow investment and advisory solutions in all regions it operates in, while achieving strong profitability and development impact (ii) build new and nurture existing client relationships to make IFC the preferred partner for key clients (iii) manage portfolio of assets for strong profitability and impact; (iv) support local companies, while improving transparency and corporate governance; (v) catalyze foreign investment, including mobilizing B loans, parallel loans, and other forms of capital mobilization; (vi) introduce and develop new financial solutions, products and platforms; (vii) build long-term partnerships with strong regional players; (viii) develop client, sector and country-level solutions through upstream and downstream interventions that can be scaled and replicated; and (ix) be a thought leader and innovator of products and client solutions globally.
Global trade is an engine of growth that creates jobs, reduces poverty, and increases economic opportunities. It is a key driver of integration and opportunities for local enterprises in emerging markets and developing countries. Financing trade is fundamental to the movement of goods at all stages of the supply chain and can have a strong development impact in developing countries. IFC’s trade finance programs offer guarantees, risk-sharing facilities, loans, and other structured products to support trade in emerging markets. Through these various products, IFC has supported more than 400 financial institutions and thousands of underlying companies in more than 100 countries across all regions of the globe. To date, IFC’s Trade and Supply Chain Finance has supported over $200 billion in global trade, all of which is directly linked to the movement of specific goods across emerging market borders.
IFC has launched the Africa Trade Recovery Support Initiative (“Initiative”) to assist African countries which aims to support trade flows of critical goods, equipment, and supplies to Africa during the economic recovery phase of the COVID-19 crisis. IFC is seeking a Trade Finance Officer for this Initiative. The Trade Finance Officer will be responsible for implementing programs under this Initiative and contribute to the overall trade finance delivery in the Africa region. The Trade Finance Officer will report to the Regional Lead, Africa, Trade and Supply Chain Finance and will be based in Dakar, Senegal or Johannesburg, South Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design the products under the Africa Trade Recovery Support Initiative by identifying market opportunities and work closely with the Regional Lead to develop new projects and implement the program in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with senior level clients and representatives of financial institutions and stay abreast of market development to manage risks taken in the portfolio.
- Lead business development, regional coordination, and processing of all aspects of trade finance projects from origination, due diligence, structuring, negotiations, approval process, documentation execution, and management of portfolio by collaborating with Financial Institutions Group (FIG) regional colleagues.
- Lead trade appraisals by analyzing the potential banks’ trade finance operations, trade finance track record, risk control framework, trade booking systems, processes and procedures, skill sets of trade processing staff, and identify any advisory needs.
- Execute daily trade finance transactions with GTFP Issuing Banks in the region by connecting GTFP Confirming Banks globally. Work closely with Trade Operations Team in Istanbul and ensure to book transactions as committed with GTFP Issuing Banks and Confirming Banks.
- Take a lead role in monitoring the Issuing Banks exposures/limits to ensure that committed transactions are consistent with all corporate guidelines, including the trade operational guidelines.
- Apply a thorough knowledge of trade finance, financial markets, emerging markets, and mobilization as well as sector and country risks and how to manage those risks; and
- Mentor and coach the activities of junior trade analysts, provide expert advice, and share experiences.
- Minimum 4 – 8 years of experience in trade finance with a local/international commercial bank.
- Advanced degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or the related field is required.
- Excellent knowledge of commercial banking products and services, experience in correspondent banking relationships and international trade products.
- Strong financial and credit skills along with analytical ability.
- Strong teamwork, organizational, negotiation, and marketing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds; and
- Ability to interact directly and independently with management of potential clients.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Company: IFC International Finance Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dakar, Dakar Region, Senegal
Application Deadline: N/A