This job listing is about FAO in Budapest, Hungary 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The Shared Services Centre (SSC) recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensures the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improves the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities.
The position is located in the SSC in Budapest, Hungary.
The Travel Assistant coordinates and performs the full range of travel support and administrative processing functions. He/she ensures quality, transparency and consistency of data, processes and services provided within his/her area of responsibility and contributes to a smooth functioning of the work of the unit.
The Travel Assistant reports to the National Professional Officer of the Travel Unit (CSLCT) and receives guidance from the Travel Associate. The incumbent operates independently and takes decisions on work priorities. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs. He/she provides guidance and advice to other travel support staff.
The Travel Assistant works closely with a wide range of colleagues and clients in the team/divisionegion, with client’ offices and staff in handling and coordinating travel support services and providing procedural guidance and information.
- Process travel expense claims, including verification of travel performed against entitlement and computation of costs within FAO liability;
- Identify/claim refunds of travel costs from carriers, travel agents or travellers and taking necessary follow-up action;
- Process lump sum payments and post-factum claims, verifying correctness with FAO travel agent in cases of complex fares;
- Assist in providing guidance and advice on travel rules and procedures to SSC/Divisions/Field Offices staff;
- Manage the Travel E-mail account concerning queries on travel-related paymentsecoveries/entitlements from travellers/SSC/Human Resources Management Division/Field Offices;
- Verify correctness of records related to travellers in corporate systems to ensure proper accounting transactions relating to claimant staff members and consultants;
- Review the daily rejections list relating to travel payments, investigating and checking incorrect entries;
- Review and reconcile monthly recoveries report for submission to Accounts Receivable, taking corrective action where necessary and validating items for recovery;
- Assist Accounts Payable in clearing consultants’ honoraria payments, providing details relating to travel expense claim (TEC) deductions and/or follow up actions with Divisions regarding outstanding TECs, performing any accounting adjustment;
- Address/initiate requests and tasks in Service Now customer portal;
- Perform other duties a required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts directly on the smooth operation and performance of the work unit. He/she plays a lead role in the provision of travel support services for successful achievement of the organizational unit’s mandate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education.
Experience: Four years of relevant experience in office/travel and/or accounting support work.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English.
IT Skills: Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Very good knowledge of the essential elements of a range of financial/accounting/budgeting activities, including the relevant policies, rules and regulations.
- Very good knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) corporate travel systems.
- Very good knowledge of communication and documentation standards.
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of other official FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Extent of knowledge using complex spreadsheet database.
- Extent of experience working in an international environment.
Call For Expressions Of Interest – Vacancy Announcement
13/Dec/2022, 5:59:00 PM
Type of Requisition
Fixed-term: 2 years with possibility of extension
Staff in the General Service category are recruited locally from the Primary Location area, which is where the office is located.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through the FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Budapest, Hungary
Application Deadline: N/A