Trim Saw Operative in VELUX Old Road, Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda
This job listing is about VELUX in Old Road, Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Where there is light, there is life. This philosophy is at the heart of what we do, linking natural resources with human needs. As “daylight engineers,” we are committed to achieving our goal of constantly giving the world new possibilities of bringing daylight and fresh air into the homes and lives of people.
Our culture reflects our values and way of working and we strive to let them shine through everything we do. Whether pursuing a career in sales, marketing, distribution, manufacturing or support operations, we believe in working as a unified team to bring light to life.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform repetitive trim saw operations in the manufacturing of skylight component parts according to production standards and plans.
- Cut skylight dome trim to desired measurement
- Performs work according to Job Instructions (J.I.’s) assigned to the position
- Ensures production, quality and safety standards are met
- Performs cleaning and maintaining of 5’s practices
- Performs other assignments as directed by local supervision
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Experience in a production environment is preferred
- Must be able to use hand tools
- Able to work in a fast-paced assembly environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to perform the essential functions assigned to the position
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience reading and utilizing blueprints is preferred
- Understanding of metric measurement systems is preferred
- Must be able to work overtime and on weekends as needed
- The desire and ability to work in a team environment demonstrated through a positive quality, safety, attendance and good work history
- Compliance with all rules of conduct, safety regulations and policies provided in Employee Handbooks, on Company bulletin boards/announcements, terms/conditions of employment or other means of communication is a requirement of the job.
Our ambition of treating employees better than most other companies includes the challenging work environment we strive to create as well as the competitive benefit programs available to employees and their dependents upon joining the Company. Some of these include:
- Group Health Insurance Plan
- On-site Health Clinic
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care Plan
- Prescription Drug Card Program
- Long-term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Cancer Protection Plan
- Company Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Educational Assistance Program
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Vacation Day Program
- Sick Day Program
- Service Recognition Program
- And Much More
Equal Opportunity Employer
VELUX is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. To further our goal of equal employment opportunity for all employees and prospective employees, it is the policy of VELUX to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity and only job-related qualifications will be required.
VELUX uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Old Road, Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda
Application Deadline: N/A