Summer Software Engineering Internship, Denmark in Uber Aarhus, Middle Jutland, Denmark
This job listing is about Uber in Aarhus, Middle Jutland, Denmark 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The Uber Engineering Internship is a unique opportunity for Bachelor, Master and PhD students who are passionate about technology to work alongside our community of engineers and bridge the gap between academic theoretical knowledge and practical professional experience.
Are you a skilled software engineer who wants to take part in the fastest growing and exciting startup companies on the planet? Are you passionate about massive scalability and making our excellent technology available in international markets? Do you want to make important contributions to Uber’s success?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to talk with you. We believe that people are of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we cultivate an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What You’ll Do
We have great opportunities ahead to provide Uber’s engineers with a best in class cloud-like experience for managing their services. We are building a truly globally distributed system that enables our product engineers to seamlessly scale their services without worrying about underlying infrastructure.
Engineers on the team have a direct impact on the way our system looks and feels like. They talk directly with our users and stakeholders to ensure all needs are met and the users are productive and happy.
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative and creative in your problem-solving and you constantly search for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- A great teammate. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ objective feedback for continuous improvement.
- Self-starter. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
To be eligible for this internship opportunity, we require you to be:
- Currently studying and available for 3 months full-time during summer
- Eligible to work in Denmark – No immigration support provided
- Above-average monthly internship allowance, housing stipend, and Uber credits
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built – we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Receive mentorship from Uber engineers to guide you through your summer experience
- Build personal networks and friendships with hardworking people who share your passion for technology in a lively international work environment
- The possibility of joining the team permanently in the future
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aarhus, Middle Jutland, Denmark
Application Deadline: N/A