This Job Listing is about UK Ministry of Defence in Feltham,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
<!--> The prime responsibility of this role is managing and administering the annual DGC budget, reporting to Director DGC.
Other responsibilities of this post include but are not limited to:
Leading the Resources Team who provide support in the review of recruitment requests and establishment change proposals. Also, to provide advice where required on civilian policy surrounding such things as; recruitment, annual reports, leave and at Risk of Redundancy procedures amongst others.
This position has the direct line management of 2 civil servants and is countersigning officer for 3 civil servants.
In Defence Intelligence (DI) our people solve problems, create understanding and give perspective to the diverse and complex Defence threats and challenges in a rapidly changing world. Together our civilians and military personnel inform decision making in Defence, manage complex finance programmes and develop new technology.
In DI we believe your unique experiences, view and understanding of the world could provide a vital perspective and contribution to our work. We recognise that great minds do not think alike and are striving to increase our diversity representation at all levels. As an equal opportunities employer we hire, train and promote people based on merit and inspire to create an inclusive workplace free of discrimination. We also offer flexible working arrangements such as flexi-time, job share and compressed hours.
All jobs adverts in DI are subject to fair and open competition.-->
- Oversight of team inputs to the monthly Forecasts of Outturn (FOO) ensuring the financial profiles are based on the most relevant information.
- Providing monthly briefs and updates on DGC's financial position as required.
- Affording the maintenance of operational capability, the highest priority; in so doing, you are to seek the best value for money from those resources made available to you.
- Consolidation of Annual Budget Cycle (ABC) inputs to ensure all Management Board members can be briefed on the most up to date planning information.
- Conducting Financial Scrutiny checks on all expenditure proposals prior to approval, ensuring that Spend Management System forms and Investment Appraisals have been conducted at the appropriate levels for the expenditure being proposed. Ensure that all expenditure is approved by an authorised individual.
- Overseeing financial audits, ensuring that the NCGI teams conduct a rolling programme of audits. To review financial systems, procedures, processes and practice across NCGI; ensuring that system weaknesses, evidence of non-compliance and potential problem areas are communicated and resolved. Ensure Defence Fraud are involved if required.
- Providing support to the spending of In-year Awards and Thank You scheme.