Website UK Research and Innovation
This listing is about UK Research and Innovation in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Science and Technology Facilities Council
Do you enjoy Graphic Design? An Industrial Placement opportunity is available to join the Digital Services team at STFC! This team is part of STFC’s wider Digital Infrastructure Department.
Here in Digital Services, we are expert professionals using the latest technology to provide the most responsive and reliable multi-media services.
Our Services Include
- Visual communication / creative design
- Web design and development
- Film production, editing studio
- Photography / onsite studio
- Exhibition displays
- Large format printing
- Video conferencing
- Lecture theatre support
- Virtual event websites
We are a small team of four based at the Daresbury Laboratory in Cheshire. The placement is based on site at Daresbury, but we are flexible in allowing remote working due to the current COVID situation.
With direction and support from the Senior Graphic Designer you will undertake the following:
- Meeting clients to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job
- Estimating the time required to complete a job and update clients.
- Developing design briefs that suit the client’s purpose
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within time constraints
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to clients
- Working with a range of media and keeping up to date with emerging technologies
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
In order to apply for this placement, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at university, enrolled on an undergraduate degree course and required or have requested to take a year out of studies to gain experience within industry
- Have the right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the placement
- A basic understanding and experience of Graphic Design and Adobe CC software suite
- Website design knowledge, CMS Wordpress. Illustration and animation experience
You are advised to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
About The Science And Technology Facilities Council (STFC)
The STFC is a world-leading multi-disciplinary science organisation where curiosity, blue-skies thinking meets practical, application-led science and engineering. Our goal is to deliver economic, societal, scientific and international benefits to the UK and its people – and more broadly to the world.
As one of Europe’s largest research organisations, we’re trusted to support, enable and undertake ground-breaking projects in an outstanding diversity of fields. Through world-class facilities and people, we’re driving progressive advances in science, engineering, computing and technology. Our research seeks to understand the Universe from the largest astronomical scales to the tiniest constituents of matter, yet creates impact on a very tangible, human scale.
For more information about STFC please visit https://stfc.ukri.org/
You can also visit our careers site https://www.stfccareers.co.uk/
About UK Research Innovation (UKRI)
UKRI is an organisation that brings together the seven disciplinary research councils, Research England and Innovate UK. Together, we build an independent organisation with a strong voice and vision ensuring the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.
Supporting some of the world’s most exciting and challenging research projects, we develop and operate some of the most remarkable scientific facilities in the world. We are pushing the frontiers of human knowledge through fundamental research and delivering benefits for UK society and the economy through world-class research, skills and business-led innovation.
More information can be found at www.ukri.org.
How We Support EDI In The Workforce
At UKRI, we believe that everyone has a right to be treated with dignity and respect, and to be provided with equal opportunities to thrive and succeed in an environment that enables them to do so. We also value diversity of thought and experience within inclusive groups, organisations and the wider community. For further information, please visit ‘How we support EDI in the workforce’.
Disability Confident Employer
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
How To Apply
Online applications only preferred for this role. Please submit a CV and covering letter which clearly outlines how you fulfil the criteria specified along with your motivation for UKRI and the role. Ensure that the job reference number is included in the filename description of each document uploaded. Note that failure to address the above criteria or submit an application without a covering letter may result in the application not being considered. Assessment will only be based upon the content of your submitted covering letter and CV and not the ‘experience’ section of the application.
UKRI seeks to ensure it creates and maintains a system of openness, fairness and inclusion – a collaborative, trusted environment, which is attractive to and accessible to everyone who is interested in developing their career with us.
Company: UK Research and Innovation
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org