Website UK Research and Innovation
This listing is about UK Research and Innovation in Didcot, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Science and Technology Facilities Council
Salary: £39,748 to £44,166 per annum (dependent on skills and experience).
Hours: Full time.
Contract Type: Open Ended.
Location: Science and Technology Facilities Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell, Oxfordshire OR Science and Technology Facilities Council, Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington.
Additional Information: Internally this role is referred to as a Senior Impact and Engagement Officer.
Working with us as a Marketing Manager, your role will be to promote the Science and Technology Facilities Council’s (STFC) products and services to businesses of all sizes from start-ups to large enterprise and communicate the impact of the organisation’s work back to key collaborators (internal and external). Our success is not monetary but measured on how our work supports the growth of UK businesses and in turn the country’s economy. Our currency is the success stories we are able to tell.
Day To Day Involves
Working as part of a marketing and events team based in Oxfordshire and Cheshire, the role involves writing and delivering on business to business (B2B) marketing plans across multiple sectors and initiatives, in line with wider STFC and UKRI strategy.
- Planning and managing digital campaigns.
- Coordinating STFC’s B2B social media channels.
- Collaborating closely with the large Communications function on press releases and company news.
- Working closely with the Business Development team to establish a pipeline of prospects.
- Content creation (case studies, articles, blogs and newsletters) using Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Creating marketing collateral.
- Crafting newsletters.
- Promoting events.
- Competitor research.
- Analytics and creation of social media reports.
- Collaborating closely with businesses based at STFC sites to capture good stories to use for marketing and communication purposes.
You will work closely with the Impact and Engagement Manager to contribute towards wider STFC marketing strategy development. You will be responsible for line managing two members of staff, ensuring their work is consistent and in-line with this strategic approach as well as supervising their professional development and well-being.
You will represent STFC with key collaborators and build good relationships with partners (national and international). The organisational culture is highly collaborative and involves working well with others – listening to feedback and being inclusive in working on projects. It is also important however that you are able to demonstrate leadership in your skills and knowledge – clearly articulating why a particular direction should be taken from a marketing standpoint.
Knowledge of market segmentation and positioning is advantageous, as is experience of demonstrating a return on investment for marketing activity particularly across digital channels. The successful candidate will understand how to build a value proposition that clearly articulates how STFC’s products and services support business challenges. Experience working in a technology or science environment would be advantageous.
Excellent communication skills are essential in this role as well as a can-do and positive demeanour. Resilience and emotional intelligence are also required as well as the ability to use your initiative and be creative. The activity this role involves is very diverse and involves balancing multiple projects simultaneously – you must be organised and able to prioritise a full workload.
Travel will be required between sites to ensure visibility and good relations with the wider Directorate.
The below criteria will be assessed at Shortlisting (S), Interview (I) or both (S&I).
- Business/science related degree, or equivalent experience (S,I)
- Experience in managing a specialised marketing team (I)
- Experience of managing stakeholders both internally and externally (S,I)
- Experience working in B2B marketing role supporting a sales function (S,I)
- Experience of writing marketing plans in line with wider organisational strategy (S,I)
- Knowledgeable and experienced in digital marketing strategy – managing campaigns (including paid) across channels (S,I)
- Knowledge and experience of competitor analysis and carrying out sector research (S,I)
- Experience of working with a PR team/external agency (I)
- Experience of simplifying complex content – making it relevant to target audience (I)
- Knowledge and experience of market segmentation and positioning (S,I)
- Knowledge and experience of writing value propositions (S,I)
- Excellent organisational skills (I)
- Excellent writing and communication skills (S,I)
- Proactive and creative (I)
- Flexible and adaptable – ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously (I)
- Great teammate (I)
- Resilient (I)
- Ability to motivate others (I)
- Goal oriented (I)
- CIM Diploma Level 6 or equivalent (I)
- Analytical and experience of demonstrating a return on investment in marketing activity where possible (I)
- Experience or knowledge of managing a marketing budget (I)
- Experience of working cross-sector (S,I)
- Experience of working closely with an events function (I)
- Interest in science and entrepreneurship (I)
- Knowledge/experience of using Adobe Creative Cloud (I)
About The Science And Technology Facilities Council (STFC)
The STFC is a world-leading multi-disciplinary science organisation where curiosity, blue-skies thinking meets practical, application-led science and engineering. Our goal is to deliver economic, societal, scientific and international benefits to the UK and its people – and more broadly to the world.
As one of Europe’s largest research organisations, we’re trusted to support, enable and undertake ground-breaking projects in an outstanding diversity of fields. Through world-class facilities and people, we’re driving progressive advances in science, engineering, computing and technology. Our research seeks to understand the Universe from the largest astronomical scales to the tiniest constituents of matter, yet creates impact on a very tangible, human scale.
For more information about STFC please visit https://stfc.ukri.org/
You can also visit our careers site https://www.stfccareers.co.uk/
About UK Research Innovation (UKRI)
UKRI is an organisation that brings together the seven disciplinary research councils, Research England and Innovate UK. Together, we build an independent organisation with a strong voice and vision ensuring the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.
Supporting some of the world’s most exciting and challenging research projects, we develop and operate some of the most remarkable scientific facilities in the world. We are pushing the frontiers of human knowledge through fundamental research and delivering benefits for UK society and the economy through world-class research, skills and business-led innovation.
More information can be found at www.ukri.org.
How We Support EDI In The Workforce
At UKRI, we believe that everyone has a right to be treated with dignity and respect, and to be provided with equal opportunities to thrive and succeed in an environment that enables them to do so. We also value diversity of thought and experience within inclusive groups, organisations and the wider community. For further information, please visit ‘How we support EDI in the workforce’.
Disability Confident Employer
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
How To Apply
Online applications only preferred for this role. Please submit a CV and covering letter which clearly outlines how you fulfil the criteria specified along with your motivation for UKRI and the role. Ensure that the job reference number is included in the filename description of each document uploaded. Note that failure to address the above criteria or submit an application without a covering letter may result in the application not being considered. Assessment will only be based upon the content of your submitted covering letter and CV and not the ‘experience’ section of the application.
UKRI seeks to ensure it creates and maintains a system of openness, fairness and inclusion – a collaborative, trusted environment, which is attractive to and accessible to everyone who is interested in developing their career with us.
Company: UK Research and Innovation
Job Location: Didcot, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org