FINANCE AND BUDGET ASSISTANT in UN Environment Programme Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
Website UN Environment Programme
This job listing is about UN Environment Programme in Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Result of Service
Ultimate result of service
- Effective and Efficient execution of functions within the Budget and Funds Management function in ROA
- Provide support to ROA staff on Umoja production systems: GM, FM, Source to Acquire, Logistics and Travel
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance and Budget Assistant, the Individual Contractor is responsible for
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. The Africa Office helps to implement UN Environment’s Regional programs in Africa by initiating, coordinating and catalyzing regional and sub-regional cooperation and action in response to environmental, challenges, opportunities and emergencies. This position is in the UN Environment Africa Office at the Nairobi Duty Station.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Grants Management
- Creation of new grants based on approved project or POW budgets and requesting for their approval in Umoja
- Creation of grants project structure models to address donor and organizational reporting requirements
- Grant accounting including management of released and unreleased budgets
- Creation of project down payments against approved P1 grants
- Recording of project expenditures as reported by implementing partners
- Month-end and year-end closing processes including transactional analysis and clean-up of processed data
- Funds Management
- Execute budget distribution in Umoja based on approved appropriations, redeployments and allotments
- Creation of funds pre-commitment, commitments and funds blocks against authorized budgets and the necessary approvals
- Monitoring budget utilization against approved expenditure classes to stop the budget is not overspent
- Posting of approved adjustments against approved budgets.
- Donor Reporting
- Creation of donor reports against approved projects, grants and donor agreements
- Perform other duties as may be required.
Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Supplementary training in Accounting and Finance is highly desirable.
A minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in finance, accounting is required
Experience in an international organization with accounting and/or financial/Budget management roles is required
Prior experience in the UN system and working knowledge of UMOJA and/or other ERP applications highly
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language
is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Company: UN Environment Programme
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
Application Deadline: N/A