This Job Listing is about QBE Insurance in Stafford,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
<!--> Primary Details
Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
This is a great opportunity to join our SME Property & Package Team in Stafford. Working alongside a friendly and supportive team you will support our underwriting function dealing with new business and renewals along with providing excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
Core Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
To Succeed in the role, you will have:
- Awareness and understanding of the annual business plan for the respective business unit
- Compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements to ensure obligations are met
- Adherence to underwriting standards and good practice to minimize risk and maximize efficiency in line with process control time frames
- Contribution to the recording and measurement of insurance risks to ensure accuracy, good practice, and adherence to relevant performance standards
- Negotiation or premium, terms and conditions for new and existing business
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring accurate underwriting data is captured on systems to minimize risk and ensure high quality output of information
- Assisting with the production of management information statistics and reports to support the business planning process, through research and project work
Ideally, you will have:
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills with ability to work to deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain business relationships
- Problem solving skills – demonstrating tenacity in handling and resolving queries
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- A good level of numeracy and literacy
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Desire to gain knowledge and skills
Why QBE? At My Best
- Basic understanding of class specific underwriting knowledge
- Some knowledge of underwriting systems
- Intermediate level use of MS office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other departmental software packages
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements (specific reference to FSA/Lloyd’s regulation)
- Flexible approach and ability to recognise and adapt to changing business requirements
- Educated to GCSE/Standard Grade level or equivalent
- Strong understanding of defined process standard
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that’s why we have created “At My Best”. It’s our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It’s in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation.
Some of the award’s QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include;
Employer of the Year 2022 Winner – Insurance Insider
British Claims Awards 2022 Winner - InsurTech Award
Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner - Claims Product Solution of the Year
Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021 Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response
Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022 Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent
Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers.
QBE is an international insurer and reinsurer, listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and headquartered in Sydney. We employ more than 11,000 people, with a local presence in 27 countries.
We are driven by our purpose of enabling a more resilient future – helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage.
We’ve been cultivating resilience since 1886, when our founders started a marine insurance company in Australia to give early pioneers a safeguard against uncertainty. Today, we’re still giving our customers confidence to explore, innovate and take measured risks, secure in the knowledge they’re covered by a strong insurer.
We work hard to build a culture that best supports our people, and not only represents our business, but the world around us.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website.
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE’s vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW! Simply click the “apply” button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.-->
Company: QBE Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stafford,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A