Political Affairs Officer in United Nations Volunteers Bangui, Bangui, Central African Republic
Website United Nations Volunteers
This job listing is about United Nations Volunteers in Bangui, Bangui, Central African Republic 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The UN Volunteer Political Affairs Officer will report directly to the Director of the Political Affairs Division or a designated officer and will be responsible for the following duties:
1) Political Analysis and Advice
– Provide country-specific and regional analysis on the impact of developments in CAR and in the region and make policy recommendations for UN response.
– Identify, analyze and monitor political developments and emerging issues with respect to the
– implementation of the Mission’s mandate assesses implications and make recommendations on policies, strategies and other measures to address the issues of concern and to advance mandated objectives.
– Provide support to the follow-up and implementation of the Political Peace Agreement signed on 6 February 2019.
2) Reporting and Information Management
– Prepare summary and analytical reports including, but not limited to, daily and weekly situation reports, briefing notes, options papers, code cables and input for the reports of the Secretary-General to the Security Council, General Assembly or other bodies.
– Prepare contextual information material, such as background notes, political profiles, and databases of relevance to the assigned portfolio.
– Manage information to ensure its accessibility and utility.
3) Planning, Coordination and Facilitation
– Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with UN Common System colleagues and counterparts, Government representatives, civil society actors, military and law enforcement actors, academic and research institutions, and other national and international partners on information sharing, policy and coordination matters.
– Support prefectural efforts to develop inclusive political dialogue through the follow-up and implementation mechanisms of the Political Peace Agreement to address root causes of conflict with all main stakeholders, including signatories.
- – Consult and cooperate with partners to develop strategies.
Company: United Nations Volunteers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bangui, Bangui, Central African Republic
Application Deadline: N/A