This Job Listing is about University Hospital Southampton NHS FT in Southampton,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
<!--> Detailed job description and main responsibilities Your Responsibilities What you’ll do
What we’re looking for
- Build strong relationships with the Patient Services Centre, Pathway Co-ordinators, Medical Secretaries, Ward Clerks and other relevant admin, clinical and management staff and maintain excellent communication channels and good customer services.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the areas and patient pathways you cover and the Trust approved systems your team use.
- Be responsible for the co-ordination and implementation of all administrative processes along the patient pathway to ensure that the patient’s journey is managed efficiently, smoothly and in accordance with targets and agreed timescales.
- Set expectations regarding levels of customer services and ensure all staff understand these and maintain them.
- Cascade and/or escalate details of any delays or bottlenecks within the administration / booking process which will affect the patient journey and / or delivery of clinical services.
- Ensure all patient administration is carried out in line with Trust policies and standard operating procedures.
Should you have any queries, please use the contact details below to get in touch.-->
- Diploma level qualification or equivalent experience e.g., good knowledge across a range of administrative work procedures including non-routine elements.
- RSA 2-word processing/typing or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and a good Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
- At least 1 years Supervisory/Management experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience as a medical or patient services secretary linked to a clinical service or customer focused environment.
- Knowledge of hospital systems would be an advantage.
- Excellent telephone / communication skills.
- Able to learn and assimilate information quickly.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines, prioritise and multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Reliability – good time keeping
- Flexibility – able to work flexibly to accommodate peaks and troughs of activity
- Able to demonstrate good work/home life balance.