Communication Senior Officer in UNOPS Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan
This job listing is about UNOPS in Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The Communication Officer shall perform, inter alia, the following duties and responsibilities:
Strategic Communications and Reporting
- Provide advice and direction on all communications activities in line with the South Sudan Country of SSCO communication strategy, project level communication and visibility plans and in coordination with UNOPS corporate policies and procedures;
- Developing and editing all public materials, including the website, twitter account, presentations, and reports;
- Through regular media monitoring, provide socio-political and economic updates to partners, stakeholders and clients on regular basis;
- Plan and implement a reporting/communications plan for all internal and external communications;
- In conjunction with program and project managers, ensure the timely delivery of progress reports to donors and project partners in compliance with grant and coordination requirements;
- Maintain regular contacts with all project teams to ensure timely and accurate data relating to the progress of works;
- In close consultation with the assigned project manager, provide specific and direct communication support as required;
- Ensure adherence to internal reporting mechanisms;
- Ensure the implementation of the communications and visibility plans for all projects, including the production of project factsheets and other visibility materials including the timely distribution of press releases when required;
- Documentation of success stories, case studies, pictures and videos of project activities;
- Coordinate regularly with the UNOPS’ Communications Office in HQ and focal points in the Africa regional office to ensure the timely update of program related information;
- Prepare briefing notes for internal and external audiences on program performance and other issues, as and when required;
- Ensure rapid and information dissemination relating to the organizational policies, guidelines and directives.
- Overall responsibility for SSCO reports on activities, including monthly newsletters, substantive monthly and/or quarterly progress reports, and annual reports.
Capacity building and support
- Develop the internal information management capability by way of professional capacity building, assessing training requirements and providing internal mentoring, or requesting external training.
- Closely support the SSCO program team and partnerships in dissemination of information related to UN Country Framework in South Sudan. This includes follow-up support for common UN response plans and integrated frameworks;
- Participate in relevant UN country platforms e.g. the communications working group;
- Participate in, and provide professional leadership to organization-wide communication planning by representing SSCO in interagency working groups and task forces to ensure coordination with other UN Agencies;
- Provide guidance and advice on communication with government and non-state actors (donors, embassies, INGO) paying attention to relevant communication protocols.
- Implement daily aspects of SSCO’s Communication Strategy;
- Develop (and coordinate) the internal process flows for implementing full and up to date records for all projects in accordance with UNOPS’ knowledge and document management policies and procedures;
- Analyze all aspects of projects performance, identifying good practices, lessons learnt and opportunities for improvement;
- Develop, maintain and update partners and clients contact list/database.
Monitoring and Compliance Analysis:
- Support project managers to ensure compliance with donor project agreements and other projects related contracts;
- Support data entry into projects Information Management System (IMS) and other databases;
- Perform any other duties that are communications related which might arise at the country office.
- A Masters Degree in a relevant field such as communications, journalism, public relations, international development, political science, international relations, or other relevant discipline is required.
- Advanced University Degree in Communications, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Business Administration, Political and development studies or other relevant discipline. A first level university degree combined with two additional years of relevant experience will substitute the requirement for a Master’s degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in communications and reporting, media relations, advocacy and/or outreach in international organizations, or other relevant fields is required;
- Experience in graphic design/Audio production is required.
- Experience in social media, consultations and stakeholder management in an emergency response or post disaster context is an advantage;
- Experience in graphic design is an advantage.
- Experience of working in developing country’s context is highly desirable;
- Experience working on WB and EU funded projects is an asset
- Experience of working in conflict or post-conflict environments highly desirable;
- Experience working in South Sudan is highly appreciated;
- Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNOPS procedures is an advantage;
- Skills in Communication is required
- Full working knowledge of English is essential
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan
Application Deadline: N/A