This Job Listing is about Vale of Glamorgan Council in Barry,Wales,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
<!--> About Us
Do you take a strength-based approach to Social Care?
Do you want to work in the best performing local authority in Wales?
If so, join us in the Vale of Glamorgan.
Adult social services in the Vale of Glamorgan put our staff and our citizens at the centre of everything we do. We work in a strength-based way to support our citizens to live their best life, by being accessible, responsive, and innovative, and support our staff with flexible hours and a mix of office and home-based working.
We have number of Support Planner opportunities within the Learning Disabilities Team including one working with younger adults transitioning 18-25. We would welcome applications from people who are committed to high quality, person-centred practice.
The Vale Learning Disability Team is a multi-disciplinary team supporting adults 18+ with a diagnosed Learning Disability to meet their eligible care and support needs and personal outcomes.
We are investing in our teams to take the service to the next level of excellence.
You will receive excellent support and have access to a range of training opportunities to support you in your role.
About The Role
Pay Details: Grade 6, SCP 14 – 19 £23,484 – £25,927 per annum
Hours of Work / Working Pattern: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Main Place of Work: Learning Disabilities Team, Hen Goleg Resource Centre
You will need:
- Working with people with learning disabilities to design a person-centred plan that represents the person and their chosen lifestyle
- Exploring the potential within local community resources and assisting the person to make and maintain connections
- Creating community links and developing opportunities that would enable citizens to meet their personal outcomes
- Able to signpost and provide information accessibly on the range of options and opportunities to assist and support informed choice and decision making
- To undertake assessment of citizens in accordance with statutory duties under relevant legislation.
- To plan and commission services to enable adults with care & support needs and carers with support needs to overcome the barriers to achieving the personal outcomes and monitor and review the care plans through co-production with citizens and carers
- To prepare for and participate in supervision and Personal Development Review (#Its About Me) sessions with supervisor/ line manager and identify personal development and training needs.
- To undertake training to support continuing professional development.
DBS Check Required: Requires Enhanced with Barred List (Adult)
For Further Information, contact: Mirko Doering Acting Team Manager, [email protected] 01446 731105
Please see attached job description / person specification for further information.-->
- Experience of working with young people and/ or adults with additional needs
- Experience of conducting assessments with citizens and carers
- Working in partnership with statutory/voluntary organisations to promote the independence of citizens
- Experience of working with a recovery/strength-based approach to supporting citizens to achieve their personal outcomes
- Knowledge or interest in learning relevant legislation eg Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014; Equality Act 2010; Mental Health Act 1983; Mental Capacity Act 2005 etc
- Knowledge of Safeguarding issues and procedures in relation to Adults
- Knowledge of and commitment to Equal Opportunities policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to assess need, plan work, set priorities and review arrangements.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information.
- Ability to liaise and negotiate with individuals, professionals and agencies.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure.
- Ability to operate and maintain IT and casework management systems. A good standard of general education.
- Commitment to own personal development and further training.