Medical Office Assistant in Vancouver Coastal Health Bella Coola, British Columbia, Canada
Website Vancouver Coastal Health
This job listing is about Vancouver Coastal Health in Bella Coola, British Columbia, Canada 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Job Title Medical Office AssistantWork Site Bella Coola Medical Clinic
As soon as possible
Days off Various
Come work as a Medical Office Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Medical Office Assistant to join the team at Bella Coola Medical Clinic. Apply today to join our team!
As a Medical Office Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health you will
- Work as a member of an integrated team and play a significant role in ensuring that clients/patients have a positive experience with the designated services within a fast paced, high volume clinic environment.
- Schedule and book appointments, typing technical and non-technical material, maintaining filing and computerized patient/client/client database systems and processing a variety of requisitions.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, graduation from an approved program as a Medical Office Assistant (MOA), plus one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https//my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Company: Vancouver Coastal Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bella Coola, British Columbia, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A