This listing is about Vestas in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Professional | Full-Time
Do you have an expertise in troubleshooting Wind Turbines? Do you have working experience as a Service Technician, Commissioning Supervisor or Installation Supervisor? Do you want to take your career to the next level? If yes, then perhaps you are the WTG Support Engineer we are looking for to join our Technical Support team at Vestas.
EVP NCE > Region NCE > Technical Support Nordic/Celtic
The team consists today of 12 people. The main areas of support are Turbine troubleshooting, Software support and Turbine Performance tasks. Currently a new team assignment is in scope, which will be technical planning of down turbines. When this assignment is going live, the team will expand with approximately 10-15 regional technical supporters.
Main tasks for the department include: Providing direct support to service technicians in troubleshooting and repair tasks, SW focus including remote software upload, turbine performance, creating VGAs (guides to technicians), technical planning for stopped turbines, providing answers to technical questions from internal and external customers, and taking part in customer meetings.
Reporting to the Manager for Technical Support Nordic/Celtic, you will be part of a high experience committed team and take leadership for implementing Vestas strategy, supporting the Service and Construction organizations and local business units with technical knowledge, secure customer focus and safety.
Being a part of Technical Support Nordic/Celtic, you will be included in a highly experienced and committed team, taking leadership for implementing Vestas strategy, supporting the Service and Construction organisations and local business units with technical knowledge.
- Supporting service technicians in troubleshooting and repair related jobs. Including remote advanced troubleshooting
- Interaction and supporting all Technical support tasks, including the new team assignment (technical planning for stopped turbines.)
- Focusing on turbine performance
- Being the link between Technical Support Nordic/Celtic and Technology R&D
- Providing timely and correct responses and supporting the Service and Construction organizations
- Handling requests in ticketing systems
- Creating, updating and maintaining guides (VGAs) for Service Technician
- Reviewing technical customer questions and providing answers and reports and presenting technical matters at customer meetings
- Ensuring technical knowledge is shared within the team
- Being a part of weekend and national holiday shift tasks (based on the needs).
- Solid communication skills in English, both oral and in writing
- A relevant technical education, such as: Electrical/Mechanical or Marine Engineering
- Electrical or mechanical education + experience from the wind industry Working experience from the wind industry is highly beneficial
- Ability to participate effectively as part of an international team.
- Professional PC skills – SAP, Microsoft office suite
- Good knowledge of WTG control systems (VOB, Toolkit, VTM, etc.)
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks
- Proven ability to work both with limited supervision and in teams
- Good pragmatical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and a solid commitment to quality
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written
What We Offer
You will become part of a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about wind energy. We have a good atmosphere within the department, and everyone is prepared to support when needed. You will have the opportunity to develop a career in a global company within a very exciting industry. We offer an attractive salary and benefits package.
Your primary work location will be our office in Warrington, GB
Travelling to sites will be part of the role – expectedly 10-15 days a year.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 28th February 2022.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com