This listing is about Vestas in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
GB, Warrington | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 20885
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving-force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Power Solutions > Quality Improvements and Processes > Transport & Construction Doc
Are you an experienced Turbine Technician or similar looking for a more back office related position where you can utilize your technical turbine knowledge? Are you interested in creating flawless, reusable, and simplified technical documentation for the transportation and construction of wind turbines? Do you have an interest in technical documentation, if so then Vestas may have the opportunity for you!
The role of the Transport & Construction Documentation department is to ensure that the technical documentation package is created and maintained in the expected quality and in time for other documentation departments to publish and translate the documents to our internal stakeholders as well as to our customers in time, quality, and right format.
- Create consistent content & ensure that content is ready for localization
- Create target audience specific information based on end-user analysis
- Ensure alignment, validation, and review process for documentation with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with existing style guide and other task relevant guidelines
- Interview design engineers to understand the turbine design for documentation purposes
- Minimum 5 years of documented experience as a turbine technician. Offshore experience would be advantageous
- Solid communication skills in English both spoken and in written
- Interest in writing consistent content
- Enthusiastic, motivated, interviewing, listening skills & work in a structured way
- Work with no supervision, yet at the same time you are a solid team member
- Take ownership of deliverables and knowledge of the wind turbine domain and specifically offshore, is a solid advantage
- It will be required that you are a good planner, and at the same time can initiate, guide, and complete different work assignments in a freely manner
- Undertaking the many different work assignments, you need to have an action minded and innovative behavior
- To achieve results, you can work in a team or as an individual, hence requiring great collaboration, communication & stakeholder management skills
- Besides these competencies, you also possess a natural ability to focus on quality and detail
- Finally, you are fluent in English – in writing and speaking
What We Offer
We offer an opportunity to join a solid team with highly skilled and motivated colleagues in an international working environment. You will be part of an organization in an inspiring work environment with opportunities to grow and develop in the job. We offer the possibility to work with innovative products in a creative company. You will become part of a team, where team-spirit and having fun are key values.
You should expect approximately 10 travel days a year.
Your primary workplace will be Warrington, UK.
You will be required to travel around 10 – 20 days per year.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English. Please apply until 28 February.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org