This listing is about Vestas in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Skilled Worker / Semi-Skilled Worker | Full-Time
Are you interested in new technology and have an electrical, mechanical or hydraulics background? Do you enjoy working with your hands and bring solutions to technical problems? We are looking for Service Technicians on several locations around the UK. At Vestas you will have the opportunity to develop your skills together with the global presence within wind energy and contribute to a greener world.
EVP NCE > SBU NCE Service > Scotland Central
The Service department is responsible for service and maintenance of the wind farms within UK and Ireland. The department has an open and informal culture, where team work and good communication is the key to our success. You will have the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and in a team of highly motivated employees
- You will be required to develop a detailed knowledge of our wind turbines to enable you to perform daily maintenance and repairs and other field service related tasks.
- Working to the highest safety and environmental standards whilst ensuring that service targets are met, you will be part of a team of service technicians working throughout the region.
- Other tasks may also be to carry out periodic service inspections in accordance with Vestas specifications together with component replacement (both electrical and mechanical) and troubleshooting on the systems
- This is a regional based role and so travel throughout the region is to be expected.
- You should live in the Scotland Central – Stirling area.
- You may also be asked to support other regions if required by the business.
- A proven history of a mechanical, electrical or electronics background, with good solid evidence of problem solving and fault finding.
- You will have a formal qualification in at least one of the above or have attended an apprenticeship.
- You will possess a full, clean driving license
- The ability to work at height of 100 meters and in adverse weather conditions
- Innovative problem solving and fault-finding skills
- Experience of team working
- An enthusiastic approach, be self-motivated and well organised
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An professional understanding of, and commitment to, the highest standard of health & safety in the work environment
- A good level of computer literacy
- Previous accreditation as an AT/CT under WTSR would be advantageous
What We Offer
We offer an attractive benefits package that will include private healthcare, pension scheme, 25 days annual holiday plus statutory bank holidays.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Please be advised to apply on or before 6th March 2022.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com