This listing is about Vestas in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Are you excited about the Health & Safety domain within the wind energy industry? Do you enjoy interacting daily with various stakeholders while ensuring safety efforts on offshore wind farms across the NCE region (Irish Sea, North Sea, and Baltic Sea)? Then apply for this exciting opportunity at Vestas!
Manufacturing and Global Procurement > COO NCE > Offshore Services Support NCE
As a member of the Offshore Service Support and Special Projects team, you will ensure that Health, Safety & Environment procedures are communicated and followed within the team working with Projects on offshore wind farms. This is to ensure that global uniformed processes and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
As the HSE Coordinator, you will provide HSE support to site/facility/project management throughout the Planning, Preparation and Execution stages of projects. You will prepare and carry out Toolbox Talks, internal and external HSE inspections, and meetings. It will also be your responsibility to report incidents and support the project and management team in handling these incidents and taking the necessary corrective/preventive actions.
- Collect, validate, report, and respond to HSE data
- Ensure compliance to HSE legislation across projects in multiple countries
- Review and revise documents in support of the HSE Management System
- Ensure close collaboration with our customers and other stakeholders on HSE matters
- Support and advise local management on HSE matters
- Continuously review the company Safe Systems of Work in order to deliver improvement
- You have either an HSE profile and are interested in joining the offshore industry, or you have experience from the offshore wind industry and are interested in HSE.
- Hold relevant education within HSE, NEBOSH, or IOSH.
- Have at least 3 years of experience from a similar HSE role within wind power/energy in maritime/offshore environment
- Have experience with HSE policies and processes
- Have good IT skills, especially Microsoft Office applications, and the ability to quickly understand new systems
- Have knowledge of Risk Assessment practices, COSHH, and the implementation of appropriate control processes
- Are able to interpret legislation wording and convert this to useful local procedures
- Have a good understanding of lifting operations and associated regulations
- You must have good English skills and be a skilled communicator
- Are enthusiastic and can work with limited supervision
- Have a structured work style
- Are able to coach teams to create an improved safety culture rather than just impose safety rules
What We Offer
Join us if you want to work in an international and innovative company where we work shoulder to shoulder every day to become the global leader in the offshore wind market. You will be part of a committed team in an organization characterized by being progressive, innovative, and professional.
In HSE, We Offer You
- Great colleagues that support each other and work together
- Solid opportunities for professional and personal development
- Values such as initiative, responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions
- The opportunity to maintain and develop a safe work environment
The position is located by default at our office in the United Kingdom, Warrington, 302 Bridgewater Pl, Birchwood, Risley. There is extended traveling anticipated in this role (approximately 180 days a year) in the offshore rotational work mode of 14/14 (2 weeks working and traveling across various offshore sites and 2 weeks of pause at home).
If the above matches your field of interest and your qualifications, please no later than the 28th of February 2022.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before (the 4-week date).
For further information please contact the hiring manager – Andrew Wilde, HSE Specialist, Team Lead, Special Projects, Offshore Services Support NCE +44 7773167828, or the recruiter – Piotr Grudziel +48 604 054 916.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com