Website Via East Midlands
This listing is about Via East Midlands in Sutton-in-Ashfield, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Salary: Depending on knowledge, skills and experience
Working Pattern: 42.5 hrs per week – Monday to Friday
Location: Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
Do you want to manage a team in delivering highways and civil engineering construction works? Do you enjoy a challenge? Do you want a regular income with company benefits and a good work life balance?
We are looking for a Contract Agent to join our construction and maintenance team.
Key areas of responsibility will include: –
- Managing the delivery of highway and civil engineering construction and maintenance work.
- Ensure works are delivered to agreed specifications, on time, within budget and to agreed standard.
- Evaluate, interpret, and assess, construction documentation associated with the planning and programming of works to identify and reduce financial risk and delays.
- Ensure that Health and Safety legislation, policy and best practice is fully adhered to, ensuring a safe working environment for everyone.
- Coaching colleagues and sharing your expertise to maximise your team’s potential.
- Continually evaluate working practices across your teams, works and projects.
- Understanding and interpret plans and programmes from internal and external teams, to ensure accurate delivery on site.
- Manage the allocations and usage of operational vehicles to ensure legal compliance.
- Ensure completion and compliance for all relevant site records and information, both manually and electronically.
- Hold industry recognised qualifications such as New Roads and Streetworks Act, Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme and Temporary Works Co-ordinator Certificate.
- Knowledge of construction plant and materials used in civil engineering and highway maintenance works.
- You have knowledge and experience of health, safety and environmental regulations and codes of practice relating to civil / highway engineering and construction.
- The ability to write and communicate site specific risk assessments and method statements.
- You will have demonstrable experience in managing an operational workforce in the highways sector.
- You have previous experience of project management, including planning of construction and maintenance works and projects.
- Experience of cost control and financial management across projects and works to £0.5m each, including management and recording of income and expenditure.
- You enjoy working with and managing a varied team.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, across different teams within the business.
- Experience in ICT, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Based in Nottinghamshire, with a multi-skilled local workforce and a range of highly trained staff at a few different locations throughout the county. Via East Midlands provides sustainable highways services for Nottinghamshire and across the wider East Midlands region. Our roles include highway maintenance, electrical works, mechanics, construction, forestry, road safety, civil engineering and much more. We combine a public-sector service ethos with a strong commercial focus and we are passionate about innovation and creating and delivering sustainable solutions safely across Nottinghamshire and the wider East Midlands.
- Via is a great place to work if you value work-life balance and we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We offer a range of family friendly and inclusive employment policies, including generous annual leave allowances, with flexible working available to our office-based staff. With most of our work being based in the East Midlands, our front-line staff also enjoy short journeys to site each working day. By joining us you will be part of a growing organisation that positively embraces customer and community aspirations.
If this sounds like you, it would be great to hear from you.
Company: Via East Midlands
Job Location: Sutton-in-Ashfield, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A