Content Assistant in WarnerMedia Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
This job listing is about WarnerMedia in Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) is a fully integrated, broad-based entertainment company and a global leader in the creation, production, distribution, licensing and marketing of all forms of entertainment and their related businesses. The Studio is home to one of the most successful collections of brands in the world and stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry, from feature film, television and home entertainment production and worldwide distribution to DVD and Blu-ray, digital distribution, animation, comic books, video games, product and brand licensing, and broadcasting. The TV Licensing business manages the distribution and licensing of television content across SVOD.
WBD ANZ operates a portfolio of premium brands across pay-TV, free-to-air and theatrical platforms. We are a leading entertainment brand on Foxtel and Sky, and the largest free-to-air commercial broadcaster in New Zealand.
The Content Assistant is a multi-functional role that supports the broader ANZ Content team across a variety of tasks. A key focus is working with the Senior Manager, Content Sourcing + Acquisitions to manage the content pipeline across all sources of supply. A critical responsibility is coordinating multiple information flows and systems to ensure content is available for use on owned platforms, and provided to partners across the Networks portfolio and the wider ANZ WBD business.
This is the perfect opportunity for a recent communications graduate who loves Media/Television and is ready to kick start their career!
- Ensure all content is available in required systems (eg. manage DEAL entry), and data and information flow processes between ANZ, APAC and other teams is streamlined
- Be the key point of contact for all rights clearance, materials and delivery information, pro-actively working with local, regional and global teams – including as a conduit with the Affiliate Relations team
- Manage the programme screening and feedback process, ensuring all offered content is reviewed and a response to distributor provided in a timely manner
- Create lists of content availabilities as required for provision to WBD content distribution and affiliate teams
- Work with Content team leaders, Programmers and Business and Legal Affairs to support programme purchases, keeping accurate records of requests and current status
- Support content sales and partner supply activity as required, working with the relevant internal teams across WBD (eg. content distribution, affiliate, media ops, content management etc)
- Provide backup and overflow resource to support the wider ANZ Content team, especially the Content + Scheduling Coordinators
- Understand the ANZ portfolio content strategy, and help identify content from all sources that could deliver to this strategy and related targets
- Have strong knowledge of the legacy WB and Discovery catalogues and be across upcoming output deal and other available content on an ongoing basis
- Ad hoc duties as required
- Experience in an operational television industry role, ideally within a content acquisition or distribution environment
- Knowledge and awareness of programming, platforms and global content supply chains
- Understanding of key editorial principles, and how programmes contribute to content propositions and deliver to platform strategies
- High level of attention to detail, with the ability to manage large amounts of data and accurately enter and edit it within complex systems
- Adaptable, with a proactive attitude to continuous improvement of systems and processes
- A collaborator, who enjoys working in a team and has the confidence to work with international colleagues across different markets and time-zones
- A team player, with a willingness to get stuck in to any task and adapt to the change around them
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment
Here a Few Of Our Amazing Incentives
Aside from competitive salaries, great colleagues and an exciting work environment, we recognise that there’s more to work than just pay.
- a generous bonus scheme
- free income protection, trauma and life insurances
- three additional balance days per year
- Birthday leave
- parental leave topped up to full salary for the first 18 weeks.
- Additional Christmas leave
- Additional Summer leave
Don’t delay, your dream job awaits!
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Application Deadline: N/A