Country Director Madagascar in Welthungerhilfe WHH Antananarivo, Analamanga, Madagascar
Website Welthungerhilfe WHH
This job listing is about Welthungerhilfe WHH in Antananarivo, Analamanga, Madagascar 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Antananarivo, Madagascar.
As Country Director you will develop and manage Welthungerhilfe’s country programme in Madagscar, by considering the overall Welthungerhilfe (WHH) strategy and mandate. You will ensure adherence to Welthungerhilfe quality standards and position Welthungerhilfe in Madagascar as a major player in food systems.
- Development and management of the Country Programme
- Managing and recruiting staff in accordance to Welthungerhilfe leadership principles, staff policies and strategy
- Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of the country strategy, including process coordination of strategy implementation in line with WHH’s overall strategy
- Taking responsibility of process design within the country office as well as for the overall programme
- Representation of Welthungerhilfe vis-à-vis donors, relevant government and coordination bodies, partners and the media
- Identification of potential partner organisations and development of joint cooperation strategies
- Ensure the implementation of the WHH Code of Conduct
- Maintain open and collaborative communication with relevant organisational units head office level
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field like international development, international management, rural development, agricultural sciences or a comparable level of qualification
- At least 7 years of project management experience and strong leadership experience in international humanitarian aid and development cooperation
- Relevant knowledge of German, European, American and UN donor environment
- Coordination and organisational skills,as well as process orientation
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s project countries
- A very good command of spken and written English and French; proficiency in German language would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by December 25, 2022. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
Company: Welthungerhilfe WHH
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Antananarivo, Analamanga, Madagascar
Application Deadline: N/A