Website World Health Organization
This job listing is about World Health Organization in Kigoma, Kigoma Region, Tanzania 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)
Nov 29, 2022, 5:47:58 PM
Dec 20, 2022, 9:59:00 AM
Tanzania, United Republic of
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
In January 2022, The World Health Organisation (WHO) regional office for Africa (WHO AFRO) alongside with other partners, launched the Mult-Partners’ Country Support Teams Initiative (MP-CST) with the view of supporting Member States’ efforts to scale up COVID-19 vaccination and move towards 70% of people fully vaccinated by end-June 2022. As result of an assessment of the risk of slow vaccination rollout, 20 countries were selected among the priority countries for MP-CST initiative. WHO AFRO deployed experts in these countries to support Member States in COVID-19 vaccination rollout. These included Immunization experts, epidemiologists, risk communication and community engagement experts, logisticians, health economists, depending on identified human resources gaps. The MP-CST has contributed to improve the coverage in some countries as result of diversification of service delivery strategies including the implementation of mass vaccination campaigns, leading to a significant increase in full coverage in some countries such as Uganda, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Kenya, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, and Chad. The assessment of the risk of slow vaccination rollout has been updated in April 2022. As a result, 10 countries have been dropped from the list of priority countries and 4 added in that list. Thera are now 14 priority countries for the MP-CTS initiative. These are: Burundi, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, DR Congo Gambia, Mali, Madagascar, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, South Sudan, Malawi and Tanzania. In the second semester of 2022, WHO AFRO would like to extend the deployment of staff and/or deploy new staffs in priority countries as part of the MP-CSTs. This document describes main duties, expected outputs, and required qualifications for the Vaccines roll out Officer within the MP-CST.
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide state-of-art technical assistance to the WHO Country Office and the Ministry of Health of country of assignment in supporting the uptake of COVID-19 vaccines within the target population.
Objective of the programme
Vaccine Preventable Diseases Programme
The mission of the WHO Regional Office for Africa – Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) Programme is to provide policy and programmatic guidance and build capacity of member states to help them plan and manage their Immunization programmes. It works to strengthen immunization services and primary health care systems to enable Member States reach children, adolescents and adults with lifesaving vaccines. It further works to strengthen country programmes to control, eliminate and eradicate Vaccine Preventable Diseases. Currently, the VPD programme primarily supports the COVID-19 vaccine rollout in the Africa region through providing strategic guidance and technical support to countries. It also coordinates the regional level effort with regard to the COVID-19 vaccine deployment planning, rollout and system strengthening
Duties And Responsibilities
- Support planning and coordination of covid-19 vaccination at all levels
- Support development of COVID-19 vaccination micro-plans
- Resource mobilization for covid-19 vaccination programme
- Provide technical support for COVID-19 vaccine safety monitoring
- Capacity building of health care workers including training, supportive supervision and mentorship
- Support the management of data and information related to COVID-19 uptake and its use to inform strategic and operational decisions for the country.
- Prepare and submit progress reports on the Covid-19 vaccination programme
- Support activities to ensure continuity of EPI activities in the context of Covid-19 pandemic
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Essential: University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Medicine, Health, Public Health, Epidemiology
Desirable: Post graduate degree in Public Health or other related public health fields. Vaccinology should not be a stand alone qualification
Essential: At least 5 (five) years of relevant work experience in vaccine-preventable diseases, immunization programs, new vaccine’s introduction, and supplementary immunization campaign
- Proven experience working in multi-stakeholder settings
- Extensive experience in new vaccines introduction and vaccination in health emergencies situation.
- Experience with WHO or other agencies in the United Nations system would be an asset.
- Proven skills in writing strategic planning proposals, monitoring the implementation of public health programs like mass vaccination.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and techniques of immunization programs.
- Good understanding of public health systems, immunization programs and public health emergency management systems.
- Ability to work as a team under tight deadlines and work in a multicultural environment.
Demonstrated experience of working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and working knowledge in Portuguese will be an asset
- Producing results
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
Other Skills: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.).
PLACE OF ASSIGNMENT_______________________________________________________
The Data Officer will be stationed at United Republic of Tanzania
- TIMELINE AND REPORTING
- Duration: Minimum of six (6) months depending on the availability of funds.
- Salary : NOB – 01
Company: World Health Organization
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Kigoma, Kigoma Region, Tanzania
Application Deadline: N/A