Construction Field Purchase/Buyer in Wood Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
This job listing is about Wood in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Buyer to join our team in Port Moresby and working out of the LNG Plant Site doing work for HGCP, Hides. Reporting to the PNG In-country Manager the successful candidate will ensure timely purchasing and expediting of required project materials to ensure delivery to required site in line with project requirements for the PNG contract. The role must ensure high visibility of the status of all parts of the supply chain to report to the project.
- Assist with development of project procurement plans
- Development of bidder lists and sourcing strategies in accordance with client requirements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal customers and external customers
- Initiate and participate in the prequalification and approval of new suppliers, followed by ongoing supplier management
- Issuance of request for quote packages and commercial assessment of vendor bids ensuring optimum value for the client as a result of thorough technical and commercial bid evaluations
- Manage supplier negotiations ensuring accurate interpretation and definition of agreed terms pre-award along with contract management post-award
- Provide procurement support to projects through the procurement and expedition of materials and vendor data on schedule and within cost to contribute to the successful delivery of multiple projects
- Purchasing material for multiple engineering functions (electrical, piping, mechanical and structural)
- Work closely with the Quality Department to assist with coordinating inspection requirements post and prior to PO placement
- Assisting with creating and managing schedules, budgets, forecasting, and reporting
- Ensuring compliance to clients’ execution plan and overall Wood Supply-Chain policies and procedures
- Assisting with managing surplus materials through buy back agreements and / or surplus disposal plans
- Maintaining an auditable file of all purchase order documentation / correspondence
- Timely processing and resolution vendor invoices
- Timely close out of projects and purchase orders
- Identify and report procurement cost saving initiatives.
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience within the Oil & Gas or similar industry
- 3+ years buying / expediting experience
- Varied and detailed work experience in the industry and a detailed knowledge of suppliers, commercial evaluation and terms & conditions of purchase
- Strong organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates clear and strong strategic thinking
- Sound understanding of legislative requirements
- Ability to relate to a multi-cultural workforce
- Locally respected and recognised with highest degree of integrity
- Business software competency (MS Office/Oracle/VPRM)
- Ability to work on own initiative.
At this time only PNG National candidates will be considered for this role.
If you’re an experienced Buyer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Application Deadline: N/A